Hoping for the best *️⃣ Bucky.

I always put songs on top of my chapters to give it a bit more life :) enjoy.

Also this is my first imagine book
Like ever.

——————————————————

Song: K.flay - high enough.

Imagine: you getting really vivid nightmares (like nightmare on elm street- really old movie) and Bucky being there to protect you.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

You didn't get your nightmares from being held captive by Hydra or killing people or even torture like everyone else in the tower had. But what you experience isn't like any other regular nightmare either, these are nightmares so vivid that they're even be able to actually kill you. From drowning in the ocean to being stuck in a hot desert alone. 

They always start of normal, just like any other dream, but soon turn into a nightmare you find yourself unable to wake up from no matter how hard you try. Just like tonight. 

You feel yourself falling into ice cold water and you try to swim up. You try to scream for help but your voice doesn't even make it out of your body or you're already under again. 

You suffocate, hastily bringing your hands up to your neck, hoping ti will make a difference but of course it doesn't, as expected you are also suffocating in real life, gasping for air as you squirm in your bed. 

If it wasn't for the very thin walls in the tower, Bucky would've never heard you in the first place, but luckily for you sleeping next to a soldier with superhearing has it's advantages. 

He can hear you struggling for air and he runs out of his room and straight into yours, almost kicking in your door. He quickly puts on the lights, hoping you'd wake from that already, but you're too far into it now. 

'Hey!, Y/N, wake up!' He gently shakes you, his hands tight around your upper arms. 

You gulp as you finally wake up from the worst experience yet, your eyes dart around the room, trying to adjust to the light. 

'You okay?' Bucky asks and you nod.

'Another nightmare?' 

'Well it certainly wasn't a dream...' you reply, your voice hoarse from the gasping.

'What happened?' Bucky gives you a worried look, which you shake of just as easy. 

'I'm fine really just go back to bed...'

'They won't go away if you don't talk about them Y/N, you know that!' He raises his voice a little.

'Okay Fine!' You snarl back at him. 

'You asked me if you could get me something and I told you no, then I stood up from my bed and the ground was like quicksand, I tried calling for help but everything happened in a split second...' you hurry through it like you have to catch a train or something. 

'And what happens if you go back to sleep now?, wouldn't you go back to that nightmare or get a worse one?' He curiously asks. 

'No, they only happen once in a while and when they do they only come one at a time...' you say.

'I'm gonna stay here to make sure...' he replies as he walks to the other side of the bed and slips under the covers.

'Buck...' you speak up after a beat of silence. 

'Yeah, y/n...'

'Do you think this will ever pass?' You ask laying down yourself 

'I hope so. I hate seeing you like this...' he comments as he puts his hand in your hair, running his fingers through it util you get awfully quiet. 

'Y/n?...' he asks, looking at you, seeing your eyes closed and soft breaths leaving your lips. 

'Always works...' he mutters as he smirks to himself