Kind heart *️⃣ Steve.

Song: Jon Bellion - overwhelming.

Imagine: you save two children from abusive parents and you end up bringing them home with you and adopting them.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

'Ma'am put your hands behind your back and step away from the children...' you order.

'Same for you sir...' your colleague adds.

You both escort them to the police car and you get back in the house and you see the bigger child holding her little sister.

The baby starts to cry and you take it from the little girl and you sit next to her.

'You're really good at this...' the bigger girl comments when the crying stops.

'Thank you, and you two are going to be just fine...do you have anywhere to go?' You ask and the girl shakes her head.

'Phil....do they have family they can go to?' You ask.

'Yeah we're trying to get them a place to stay...but only for tonight since their family is being called...'

'We'll sign me up, I have a guest room and I can take some stuff with me in my car, and my shift just ended...I'm sure Steve wouldn't mind sine he's coming home this evening...' you say to Phil and he nods.

'Okay Uh Melanie was it?, Can you grab some things like clothes and your favourite stuffed animal?, we're going to have a sleepover...can you show me where all the stuff for May is?' You ask and Melanie nods.

You walk with her and as you hold May, you fill a bag with some belongings.

'I do have to give Steve a heads up...' You mutter as you take your phone in the free hand.

You call him and he answers.

'Hey babe, what's going on?' He asks and you hesitate to tell him.

'Uh yeah I'm just going to tell you, I was at the end of my shift when a call came in and there were two children getting abused, but they have no place to stay so I told them they could stay with us...'

'Oh uh, well...' you hear Steve chuckle though the film.

'It's okay right?, it's just one night...until they find their family...'

'Of course it's okay, it's just one night..' his voice sounds through the phone.

'I'm ready y/n...' Melanie chirps as she walks in with her bag.

'Okay, just give me one second...' you reply as you turn to the phone again.

'I have to go babe...I'll see you tonight...love you...'

'Love you too...' Steve replies before the call gets ended.

'of course it's okay, it's just one night...'

Boy were you wrong, you actually ended up adopting both and now you quit your job to take care of them.

Melanie is really attatched to Steve already and they do everything together when he's home, May on the other hand is more fond of you rather than Steve.

She only falls asleep if you put her to sleep, if you do then she goes to sleep right away, but when you're not around and Steve has to put her to bed, she stays awake just long enough to make Steve text you in panic.

'so any regrets?' you ask when you and Steve are sitting on the couch after putting Melanie and May to bed.

'no, and I don't think I will ever, they're great...'Steve replies putting an arm around you.

'they deserve to live a happy life, what better life can they get than this?, a beautiful woman taking care of them like they're her own...' he adds and you smile.

You lay your head down on his shoulder and he chuckles.

'do you want to watch a movie?' you ask sleepy.

'sure...' he softly whispers as you close your eyes and yawn.

You fall asleep as the movie starts and you can feel Steve wrapping you in a blanket.