Miracle *️⃣ Bucky.

Song: Billie Eilish - come out and play.

Imagine; you're in a coma because things went wrong with the mission, for 8 months to be exact. Bucky stays with you every day, but on Christmas Day, something special happens.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

'Bucky, it's Christmas Eve, come home...' Natascha says as she lays a hand on his shoulder.

'I'm not leaving her Nat, what if she wakes...'

'Bucky, the doctors they said-'

'I don't care what they said, she will wake up!' He raises his voice making Nat startle.
'I'm not leaving her...'

'Then at least think about going back to the tower tonight, that's all I'm asking, Christmas won't be the same without you there...'

'It's not going to be the same without y/n there either, but I'll think about it..' he replies.

'I know it hurts...we all miss her Barnes...don't forget that...' Nat softly stares as she walks out of the room.

The room falls silent again as Bucky watches you carefully. You're laying on the bed with different tubes. You can breathe on your own. But that's about it.

He watches your chest going up and down at a steady rhythm. Your eyes are closed and your arms are laid next to your body.

Bucky stands up and walks over to the bed, sitting down besides your body. 

'Y/n....please just come back...' he whispers as tears slip down his face.

'I can't do this alone...I need your help...I need you here...' he sniffs.

He takes your hand in his and the other hand reaches up to cup your face.

He leans forward and plants a kiss on your head.

You can hear everything he says and it breaks your heart. You want to reach out to him and hug him, make him feel better, but something is holding you back.

'I know you can hear me, so please baby...just come back to me...' he whispers as he gets off of the bed and puts on his coat.

(The next day)

'I'm back doll....' Bucky walks in and hangs his coat on the seat.

He walks over to you and without thinking he kisses your mouth. Not expecting you to kiss back.

But you do.

You reach up and place a hand on his neck to pull him closer while tears flow down your cheeks of happiness.

When you finally let go he just looks at you in shock.

'Y/n...'

'Barnes...' you reply, your voice ragged.

'I love you...'

'I love you too....'

You reach for his face and you wipe away his tears as you smile through yours.

'You finally listened to me...'

'First time for everything, but don't get used to it though..' you joke.

'Don't scare me like that ever again...' he kisses you and you smile into the kiss.

'I won't...'

'Promise?'

'Promise.'