𝟘𝟚 • 𝕋𝕣𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 ℂ𝕠𝕣𝕡𝕤

Your POV

I wouldn't know what to think of my life at the moment. I was in between wanting to give up and pushing forward. I spent four years with Ryan before I finally left. He put me through way too much. I didn't even know what or how to think about the world.

At the time, I couldn't even remember how my smile looked. I always looked tired and wore out, which I was. I had to find meaning in my life now, a life in which everything has been taken away from me.

Commander Keith Sadies was yelling about in cadet's faces. It didn't phase me, I couldn't muster up any cares. Once the Commander acknowledged you, you were to say your name and where you are from, and any further questions he asked up.

"Next!" He yelled at me. "What your name, brat!?"

I saluted but stayed silent. He stared intently in my eyes. I stared back.

The next thing I knew, his hard-headed forehead collided with mine. The physical pain wasn't enough to startle me, my emotional pain and constant questioning of everything overshadowed it easily. He stared at me and kept walking. "Row One, about face."

So far the only men I have ever encountered have hurt me in some way shape or form. Is this what the real world's like? Is this how men act?

|||

I sat outside by myself. I sat on the rail and fiddled with my ring. Was this the right choice? Am I supposed to be here? How long until the Greene figure out where I am? What will they do? Why did I run away? Was it because of Ryan? Was it out of revenge?

A gentle breeze blew through my hair.

The other cadets were out talking amongst themselves. When they started talking about me, my ears focused on the conversation.

"What do you know about her?" A horse faced boy asked.
"Just that her name is (F/n)." The potato girl from earlier answered.
"Should we talk to her?" A bald-headed boy asked.

"I don't think that's a good idea. She looks like she wants to be alone. Look at her eyes, those are eyes of someone who's been through shit." I heard a brown-haired boy with big green eyes say.

I got up. I had to walk past the group that was just talking. My eyes met with the brown-haired boy with green eyes. For some odd reason tears fell from my eyes. His cheeks were stained with tears as well when we looked at one another.

"Eren? Are you okay? Why are you crying?" A raven hair girl asked him.

"I don't know." He wiped his tears away. "It's like I felt someone else's distress."

That's exactly how I felt when I passed him.

|||

I walked to the room I was assigned to, a girl was eating a baked potato. It was the same girl that was eating a potato during the entrance test. I thought she lost meal privileges for five days. When she saw me enter the room she jumped and hit her head on the bed on top.

"Ow, oh hi I'm Sasha." I waved at her. She was very cheerful. "What's your name?" She asked. I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote my name on it. "Oh, hi (F/n). Why didn't you just say so! Come on, let's go meet the rest of my friends."

Sasha dragged me all the way to the mess hall. Sasha led me to a group of people seating at a table. "Everybody this is (F/n). (F/n) this is everyone." I simply waved. I wasn't confused around these people, but I wasn't afraid either since were all children.