W.L. Chapter 23

Recap:

"You ready Jake, I need to go pick up Dahlia" I said grabbing my keys from the counter. "Yeah, I've been worried sick the whole time. I just can't get over the fact that Gordon is the one behind all this! I mean seriously, did you think he was capable of this?" Jake asked climbing into the car. "No and yes, I knew he was capable of doing some pretty heinous shit, but I just never thought it would be shooting pack members. I just pray we catch him before he gets someone else" I said as I backed out of the garage. I grabbed my phone and dialed Amy's house. "Hey this Amy and Jake leave a message" the answering machine picked up. "Try Amy's cell, she's not answering the house" I demanded of Jake. My stomach was starting to twist with worry as horrible thoughts of Gordon and what he would do to Dahlia if I wasn't there to stop him this time. I smashed my foot on the gas as Jake continued to call Amy's phone never getting an answer. "I swear to god..." I trailed on the verge of shifting I was so panicked.

Dahlia

I know something is going on, I'm not completely stupid. Jax has been acting strange all day and I could feel worry coming from him, but I didn't ask him about it, if he wanted me to know he'd tell me. That doesn't mean my curiosity wasn't nagging at me. "What do you think the guys are up to?" I asked the girls. The boys thought they were being sly by getting us to come over to Amy's house for dinner, but we saw right through them. Travis had dropped Kallee off shortly after Amy and I got to her house. "I don't know" Amy said pouting slightly. "I'm sure they would tell us if it were important" Kallee said trying to get us to let it go. I wish I had her patience.

"So I heard about what you did to Mika today" Kallee said trying to hide her smile. I groaned, I know, I know it wasn't nice! "Yeah" I said sheepishly. "Was there a reason or did her big head just look like too good of a target?" Amy laughed but Kallee shot her a warning look. "What don't tell me you haven't wanted to smack the girl upside the head a time or two?" Amy asked raising a brow at Kallee. "Beside the point" Kallee glared at Amy before looking at me expectantly. "You'll have to ask her" I said with a small smirk. "Hell no I don't, tell me" Amy said crossing her arms. "It's a long story, and not really mine to tell. All I can say is she deserved it" I shrugged and prayed to god they wouldn't press me on it. "I don't care if it's your story or the damn pope's story, tell me" Amy warned.

"Seriously you guys, I can't say" and I wouldn't. Xavier asked me not to say anything and I won't. "Fine, we'll go over and ask ourselves" Amy said standing from her chair. "You really think Mika is going to tell you?" Kallee laughed. "No, but she'll tell you" Amy smiled sweetly at Kallee. "Fine, but only because I want to see Cathy" Kallee said getting to her feet. The three of us piled in Kallee's car and headed to Sue and Randy's.

~

"Hey girls, what are you doing out here?" Sue greeted as she let us in the house. "The guys ditched us" Amy said making her way to the living room. "You mean you pried Jackson off your hip?" Sue teased me. I grinned and followed them inside the house. I was shocked to see Cathy and Shauna consoling a crying Mika on the couch. Cue guilt. "Mika, what's wrong?" Kallee said rushing to her side. Amy looked at me then back at Mika and I just shrugged taking a seat across from them. I hung my head and nervously twisted my fingers in my lap. Well this is just great! I've only been here a week and I've caused a problem.

"Xavier is my mate" I heard Mika whisper. My eyes shot up to see she had an arm thrown across her face. Amy and Kallee both turned and stared at me with wide eyes. I nodded at them. "Well that's wonderful!" Kallee said truly excited for her. "No, no it's not wonderful!" Mika groaned. I could feel my body get warm as anger began rising in me. I don't know what this girls problem with my brother, but I swear to god if she doesn't come to terms with it, and do it soon I am going to rip her pretty little head off! "Why isn't it?" Kallee asked in a soothing voice. "Because" Mika said stubbornly. "Because is not an answer Mika, why aren't you happy right now?" Amy said her usual attitude slipping in. Mika uncovered her face and glared at Amy, but Amy didn't back down she continued to stare at her expectantly.