Chapter 11

Jackson

"Hey guys" Colton said as he got into the car. "Hey Colt" I replied as I pulled out of the school parking lot. "Can you go by Aaron's house? The guys are coming over and he needs a ride" Colton asked. "Yeah but does Mom know?" I asked looking at him in the rear view. "Yeah, I called her while I was waiting for you to pick me up. Speaking of, why were you guys so late? We're you making breakfast again" he asked smirking. "No, we were at lunch" Dahlia said turning in her seat and sticking her tongue out at him. Xavier and I laughed. Colton and Xavier began talking amongst themselves while we drove to Aaron's house. I pulled into the driveway and honked my horn as Aaron came running out and climbed in behind me, "Hey Jax" he said. "What's up" I mumbled back. "Hi Dahlia" he said sweetly. My wolf growled inside me as my eyes flashed to the rear view to see him looking at her with lustful eyes. I shook my head trying to calm myself down before I ripped the poor kid's limbs off. Dahlia turned and smiled at him "Hey Aaron, this is my brother Xavier" she introduced. "Hey man" Xavier said. The three of them went back to their prior conversation. "What do you say we rent some movies and lounge around tonight?" I asked Dahlia taking her hand in mine and rubbing circles into her palm. "That sounds wonderful" she said leaning over and pecking me on the cheek. The skin tingled where her lips touched. I squeezed her hand, overwhelmed with love. Tonight I will tell her just how much I love her.

When we pulled in driveway Colton's friends where playing basketball with my dad and Ed. I parked in the garage and walked around to help Dahlia out. "Thank you" she said as I grabbed her hand. "I'm going to go see if your mom needs any help" she said walking towards the door. I went to follow her but she stopped and put her hands on my chest "Go play" she said kissing me lightly. I pouted "I would rather play with you." She giggled "Later" she winked and walked into the house. "Come one Jax" my dad called bouncing the ball at me. I laughed and joined them. "How about a friendly game of four on four?" Xavier said holding his hands out for the ball. "Okay, us" I said pointing at dad, Ed, Xavier and myself "against the pups" I said ruffling Brady's hair. "Deal" Colton said with a smirk.

"Game point" I said checking the ball in to Kevin. "Come on old man, let's see if you can do it" he said bouncing the ball back to me. I dribbled the ball for few seconds looking at Xavier, he nodded and dodged his man and ran to the basket just in time to catch the ball and score the last point. "Best two out of three" Colton said leaning over and panting. "No, time to eat boys" my mom said walking out of the garage. "Better luck next time" I laughed and smacked Xavier on the back "Nice" I applauded him. "That was a good assist" he said bowing. "I don't know about you Ed, but I could go for a cold beer and an advil" my dad said throwing his arm over Ed's shoulder. "Sounds perfect" Ed smiled. I walked into the house and found Dahlia making a salad with her back to me. My wolf was instantly excited at the sight of her. She had pulled her hair up and taken off her sweater. Her shirt was short enough that I could see a small amount of skin and wanted nothing more than to touch it. I crept up behind her and ran my fingers along her stomach. She shivered and stopped what she was doing. "Mmm, you smell wonderful" I whispered inhaling her scent. I pulled her body closer to me wrapping my arms around her tiny waist. "You do not" she giggled pulling away from me "and you're all sweaty" she complained. "Jackson leave the poor girl alone and get cleaned up" my mom said swatting at me. I groaned and let Dahlia go. She giggled as I pouted and sulked out of the kitchen. I quickly ran upstairs and jumped in the shower. After cleaning up and throwing on a pair of black cotton sweats and a white t-shirt I went back downstairs. Randy was sitting at the kitchen table when I came into the kitchen, smiling and laughing with Colton and his friends. "Hey Randy, looking good!" I said as I walked around the table to pat his shoulder. "Thanks, I'm feeling good" he smiled. Sue sat down next to him and scooted her chair closer to his. I watched as they stared into each other's eyes, you could see the love, devotion, and appreciation passing between them. I looked up to see Dahlia staring at them as well, a small smile on tugging on her lips. As if feeling my gaze, she looked up to me and tilted her head giving me a bright smile. "Okay let's eat" my mom said as her and Dahlia brought the food to the table. I took my seat next to Dahlia and slid closer to her so our arms were touching. My dad laughed and rolled his eyes at us.