W.L. Chapter 26

Jackson

I was out of the car and running to the door before Conner could stop the car. I was hanging on by threads to my humanity; my wolf was finding it unacceptable that our mate was missing. She was ours and I’d be damned if I would let someone else take her.

          “Where the hell is she” I bellowed as I stomped into the house to find everyone in the living room. My mother came rushing over to me, her eyes wet with tears.

          “Well” I growled shrugging from my mother’s embrace.

My entire body was shaking; my wolf was right under my skin seconds from shifting and tearing the world apart searching for our mate. How could she just disappear, there were plenty of people around? Was no one watching her? I found my father standing in the middle of the room, his hands clenched at his sides. Walking up to him, I didn’t bother with showing respect I came within inches keeping my eyes on his.

          “Where is my mate?” I growled out, tilting my chin up. I was beyond reasoning and honestly that last thing I was worried about was disrespecting my Alpha, my father.

          Keeping his head held high and a daring look in his eye my father’s calm voice sank in “She’s not here Jackson. We have men scouting the grounds looking for her.”

That wasn’t good enough. I need to find her now.

          “How could you let her be taken?” I accused. She’s gone…I wanted to howl in agony at the thought of her being hurt and scared. Fury was coursing through my body with every hard thump of my heart. I could feel my nails turn to claws and dig into the palms of my fisted hands. My father’s hard stare only seemed to enrage me more as he silently ordered me to back down and show the Alpha respect.

          Snarling I stepped an inch closer to him and watched as his eyes took on the familiar glow of his wolf.

          “Where the hell were you when she was taken? How did no one see her?” I yelled. How had this happened? There were at least a dozen guards here. Were none of them doing the damn jobs? Guards…Paul!

Running from the room I took the stairs to the basement three at time practically ripping the hand rail off as I went. Kicking the door in to the cell room I saw him standing in the center of his cell, a smug grin on his face. I am going to rip him from limb to limb.

          “Where did he take her?” I ordered. I stood in the dimly lit room, my arms straight to my sides and feet spread.

Paul stood there, his hands and ankles shackled with thick steel chains. The look on his face was of one who just won the lottery or something, grinning from ear to ear.

          “Where is she?” I said again my voice coming out a lot calmer than I really was.

          “Who?” Paul leered, laughter in his eyes.

          “You prick, where did Gordon take my mate?” I asked again stepping closer to the titanium bars encasing him.

          “Oh, you mean that sweet little piece of ass? She really is something else isn’t she?” he chuckled.

My body was shaking with rage. I wanted to kill him; I wanted to bathe my hands in his blood. Clenching my hands I took a deep breath, I wasn’t going to get any answers from a dead man.

          “I will ask you one more time, where is Dahlia?” It was taking every ounce of control I had to not tear that cell open and rip his throat out.