chapter 4

Dahlia

Oh my god! He is so yummy! I closed my eyes and smiled as I leaned against the door inside Xavier's room. I could still smell his intoxicating scent of warm brown sugar. All last night I couldn't sleep because my thoughts were filled with his exotic green eyes, warm tan skin that stretched across his bulging muscles, and that amazing smile. I could feel my face blush as I remember him standing in front of me in nothing but his low fitting shorts last night. The way my skin tingled and my insides knotted when he touched me. I shook my head and opened my eyes.

Xavier was lying face down, spread out across his bed snoring. I laughed as I jumped on his bed "Come on brother, get up, get up, get up" I sang as I bounced on his bed. He quickly reached out and grabbed my ankle causing me to come crashing down on top of him. I huffed and rolled off him, lying next to him. "There's breakfast" I whispered in his ear. His eyes shot open, "Go make me a plate, I'll up in" he turned his head and glanced at the clock "Dolly, it's not even seven yet" he groaned and put a pillow over his head. I laughed and got up and continued to jump on his bed.

Xavier is not a morning person, I am. I love waking up early and doing yoga with the rising sun. I find it refreshing; Xavier finds it a waste of valuable beauty rest. "Xavier get up" I said as I began throwing pillows at him. He growled playfully "Dolly, I am giving you till the count of three to get out of my room" he said from under his pillow. I continued jumping on the bed "Oh, I'm so scared" I laughed. "One" he began, still lying there. I didn't move so he continued, "Two." I laughed and threw another pillow at him. "Okay that's it, three" with that he sprang out of the bed and tackled me to the floor. I hit my back with a thud and the bulking Xavier landed on top of me knocking the wind out of me. Xavier laughed "I warned you little one" he said smiling down at me. "Can't breathe" I choked out. He got up holding his hand out for me. I looked at his hand and smirked as I grabbed it and pulled myself up, then twisted his arm back behind him and kicked the back of knees causing him to fall forward on them. "You should know better than to pick on the baby" I whispered in his ear. Xavier growled and pushed away from me and got to his feet. "Run" he said with an evil grin.

My eyes got wide as I scrambled to the door, tripping over pillows. I reached for the door knob as he pounced on me, causing me to go flying out into the hallway. I landed on my elbows and tried to crawl away. Xavier's grip on my ankles tightened and I kicked trying to get away as I broke out in a fit of laughter. I finally kicked my legs free and got to my feet. As I got to the end of the hallway, Jax opened his door walking out. Almost smashing into him, I grabbed his hand and ran down the stairs laughing, dragging a confused Jax behind me. When we got to the bottom I turned to see a murderously mad Xavier standing at the top of the stairs, glaring daggers at Jax. I waved and continued to drag Jax into the kitchen.

"Care to explain?" he asked laughing. I waved my hand "Oh nothing, just getting Xavier up." Jax raised his eyebrows looking at me, "What did you do to him? He looked like he was ready to murder someone" he said putting his phone in his pocket. I shrugged my shoulders and looked around to see a room full of people staring at me. I smiled nervously as I looked at everyone, till I met my father's eyes. I smiled and ran over to him, throwing my arms around his neck. "Good morning dad" I said taking in his comforting smell. "Did you wake your brother" he asked kissing my forehead. I smiled "Yes" I said nodding. "I could hear" he said getting a chuckle from the other pack members.

My father looked up and smiled "You must me Jackson" he said offering his hand. I moved out of the way as Jackson stepped forward shaking his hand, "Yes, sir." Dad looked at me "Where are you two going?" he asked with a knowing smirk. What is his deal? "I am taking her town to show her around, if that is alright with you of course" Jackson said glancing between me and my father. "That sounds wonderful. Dolly, if you could pick some stuff up for me, here's a list" dad said handing me a list of medical supplies. I nodded and looked it over. "Jackson are you ready?" Colton asked as he walked into the kitchen. He was so adorable. He looked a lot like his mother, the same dark brown hair. He shared the warm tan skin as the rest of his family and looked like he would be just as tall as his father. He smiled when he saw me "Are you coming with us Dahlia?" he asked grabbing another strip of bacon. "Yeah, your brother is going to show me around town" I replied smiling back at Jackson.