chapter 6

Dahlia

What is wrong with me? Jackson probably thinks I'm some sort of weirdo now. The problem wasn't that he did anything wrong, it's that he did everything right. He makes my wolf go crazy with desire and need. I've never felt this way around another male. The way my body reacts to his touch, the way my wolf begs to have him sink his teeth into me, to claim me as his. I can barely control myself. Telling him that we should leave when we were behind the ice cream parlor was probably the hardest thing I have ever done. I can still feel his hands on me. I will most likely have bruises from his grip on my hip, but the strange thing is, it felt good. I liked the way he was forceful with me, it made me ache with need. I wanted him to throw me on his bed and make me his.

Okay, what the hell is wrong with me? I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. I guess it doesn't matter now he most likely doesn't want anything to do with me since I just left him sitting there in the car. I threw myself on my bed and stared at the ceiling. "Dolly?" Xavier called before he opened my door. He walked in and jumped up on the bed next to me. "What's wrong?" he asked lying on his side next to me propping his head up with his arm. I looked at him, his hair was pulled back into a loose knot, he didn't have a shirt on and was only wearing worn out jeans. I smiled as he began playing with my hair and rolled into him taking in his comforting scent of cinnamon. I closed my eyes as he wrapped his heavy arm around me.

"Dahlia, are you alright?" he asked with a concerned voice. Should I tell him about Jackson? I know he won't like it, but maybe he can help me, after all he's been with a ton of girls so he's probably felt this before. "Have you ever been with a girl that calls to your wolf? That makes your skin tingle when they touch you?" I asked with my face buried in his chest. He quit running his fingers through my hair and was silent for a moment. After a minute I pulled back and looked up at his face. He was staring out the window, looking like he was lost in time. "Xavier?" I asked putting my hand on his cheek. He looked down at me with a sad smile.

"I remember when Mom died I asked Dad if he would find another mate. He said that it was impossible, you only find one mate. He said that when you find them, you just know that they are the only one for you. The feelings between you and you're mate, the bond, is unlike anything you've ever felt before or again after them. He said when he first met Mom he followed her around for days like a lovesick puppy before she finally agreed to go on a date with him. I couldn't understand why he would try so hard, I would have given up after the first time she turned me down, but he said he didn't have a choice his wolf wanted her. He said the need for her was almost painful it was so strong. On their first date, when he was walking her home, he went to hold her hand the when their skin touched he said it felt like there were hundreds of sparks going off between their hands. He said the warm electric feel between them was the most wonderful feeling he has ever experienced. Ever since that day, they were inseparable. They both knew instantly they were meant to be, they were mates" he finished looking down at me.

Dad has never told me that story, it's so romantic. I don't blame Dad for following Mom around, she was beautiful. "Dad never told me that" I said rolling on my back. "It's hard for him to talk about" Xavier said mimicking me by rolling to his back. Why did he tell me that? He couldn't possibly think that Jackson was my mate. That's absolutely absurd. Jackson couldn't be my mate, he's an alpha's son and I am a traveling doctor's kid. I huffed "I'm hungry, let's go get something to eat" I said sitting up. I stood up and walked to the door, I turned and noticed that Xavier still hadn't gotten up. "Come on brother" I called as I exited the room.

I had gotten about five feet out of the door before I was lifted off the ground and thrown over Xavier's shoulder. I grunted as the air was pushed out of me. Xavier laughed as he carried me down the stairs to the kitchen. "What do you have there?" asked a sweet voice. I lifted my head and looked around Xav's back to see a smiling Shauna. Xavier put me back on my feet and ruffled my hair as I smacked him. "Hi Shauna" I smiled at her. "Hey guys, are you hungry I can make you something to eat" she asked as she finished rinsing dishes. "If you wouldn't mind" I said sitting next to Xavier at the island. "How's Randy?" Xavier asked as she pulled food out of the refrigerator. "He's doing great! Your father is a miracle worker" she said with a proud smile. Xavier and I laughed.