Chapter 13

Dahlia

"You're going to love Angie" Amy said as she held the door open for Kallee and me. The store was big compared to the look of it on the outside. There was soft music playing and the air was filled with the scent of lilies. There were racks upon racks of clothing, tables with arrays of clothing and accessories spread out through the place; along the back wall were shelves of shoes and purses. In the far right corner a woman came out from behind a black velvet curtain. She was tall and slender, in her mid forties and reminded me of a model. She had an elegance about her that added to her appeal. She gracefully floated over to us in her four inch heel stilettos and looked at me with an approving smile. "You must be Dahlia" she said taking my hand, I smiled and took a small intake of breath, wolf. "Yes" I said at ease. "I am Angie, it is a pleasure to meet you" she bowed her head slightly. "You as well" I nodded back. "So girls, are you ready to play dress up? I received a phone call from a Mr. Hale that there is no spending limit today" Angie said with a small grin. Amy and Kallee looked at me in shock; I just shrugged my shoulders and grinned. I was speechless; I've never had anyone tell me I had no spending limit. "Hell yeah!" Amy said clapping her hands. I walked over to a rack of clothing and begin sifting through them, I caught a price tag and my eyes nearly bulged. There is no way I can let Jax do this on my behalf. I rushed over to Kallee "Do you have a cell phone?" she dug through her purse pulling one out. "What's wrong" she asked handing it to me. "Nothing, can you pull up Jax's number for me?" I asked holding it out for her. She did as I asked and I nodded my thanks before walking outside.

After the phone rang twice Jax picked up "What's wrong, where's Dahlia" his voice came through the phone panicked. "I'm right here and nothing's wrong other than you telling Angie there's no spending limit. Do have any idea how much those clothes cost in there?" I asked as annoyance slipped into my voice. I heard his deep laughter "Dahlia calm down, yes I know how much clothes cost there. I wanted you to have fun" he said still chuckling. I rolled my eyes "This is too much, I can't accept this" I argued. "Yes you can accept it and you will" Jax said. I shook my head "No, seriously I won't let you spend that much money." I heard him growl slightly "Dahlia, go back in that store buy some clothes and enjoy yourself" he said in a slightly demanding tone. The sound of his deep voice sent chills down my spine, exciting my wolf with his sudden forceful attitude. "And if I don't" I asked in slightly defiant tone. He growled again "Then you will force me to come down there and spank that perfect ass of yours for disobeying" he growled in a hushed voice. I shivered with desire as I imagined his punishment. "Now get in that store and I don't want you leaving until you've gotten something, and I don't mean the cheapest thing you can find either. Do you understand?" he asked. "Yes" I said back huskily. "Good, now hurry up, I miss you" he said his voice becoming soft. "Okay" I said as a dopey grin appeared on my face. He hung up and I just stood there, my hormones going berserk with desire for my hunky mate. As I turned to go back into the shop a small breeze blew past me, bringing with it a faint smell of alcohol, oil, and wolf. The hairs on the back of neck stood on end as my wolf grew uneasy. I looked around but didn't see anyone. Wearily I entered the store. "Everything okay?" Amy asked holding an armful of clothes. I looked back outside trying to shake the feeling. "Yeah, everything's fine" I said plastering a smile on my face. "Good, now let's find you something to wear for tomorrow" Kallee said taking my hand. I took one more glance out the windows over my shoulder before following the girls towards the piles of clothes they had stacked up for me.

"Just try the damn dress on" Amy said shoving the dress back into my arms. The girls were making me feel like a life sized Barbie doll; they kept tossing dresses, shirts, pants, skirts, and everything else at me demanding I try it on. The dress Amy is forcing me to try on while being a very beautiful dress it also a very expensive dress. "I'm not giving you an option here, either you put it on yourself or I will put it on for you" Amy said putting her hands on her hips. I rolled my eyes and walked into the fitting room pulling the velvet curtain closed. I took off the tank top and underwear I was currently in and pulled the dress over my hips then up to my shoulders, slipping my arms in. The dress was made of a thick yet soft black material. It had a low scooping neckline that showed a healthy amount of cleavage with sleeves that went to my elbows, it hugged my stomach and fell to mid thigh. I looked myself over in the mirror admiring how it fit like a second skin. I walked out grinning at Amy and Kallee as their jaws dropped. "Well, what do you think?" I asked turning around. "You look hot!" Amy said getting up and looking me over. "Here put these on" Kallee said handing me a pair of black platform stilettos. I slipped them on and walked to the mirror. Wow, I do look hot, I grinned to myself. "Alright Dahlia, get out of the dress so we can ring it up" Kallee said pushing me back into the dressing room. "But" I protested. "No, buts, do you want me to call Jax and tell him you're being difficult?" she said pointing her finger at me. I stuck my tongue out at her and swung the curtain closed. I could hear the girls laughing as I took the dress off and put my clothes back on.