Chapter 25

Jackson

Hanging up the phone I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, that girl I swear! What I wouldn't give to be home playing her "master" instead of dealing with this.

    "Jax, is that them?" Conner asked nodding his head to the SUV pulling into the parking lot we were sitting in.

Alpha Swanson had some of his members meeting with us before they headed back so we could go check out Gordon's house and see if we can figure this whole thing out. I'm not sure how he's disguising his scent or how he's managed to keep snaking around us, but I do know that when I get my hands on him he is a dead man.

       "Yeah that's them" I nodded.

The blue SUV pulled up next to us rolling their window down. "If you'll follow us, we'll head over there" I said to the older man sitting in the driver's seat. He dipped his head in agreement and we headed out.

I could feel Dahlia's restlessness and new her wolf was itching to get out, I prayed she'd just hold out a little longer.

Pulling up at the run down house just outside of town, I took the gun from its holster hanging under my left arm and took the safety off hearing Jake and Travis do the same. "Jake, Travis, go around back I'll send some of the Swanson's around with you" I ordered before hopping out of the car. Conner and I made our way over to the other vehicle and had two more men follow the twins.

The house looked on the brink of being condemned; the shutters either hanging off or lying on the ground beneath the windows, the paint chipped and flaked, and the grass and weeds overgrown. It's a shame he let his families house go to hell like this.

"You guys keep an eye out, Conner and I are gonna to do a walk around and see if we can pick up any scents" I said over my shoulder to the other two Swanson men.

Taking a deep breath I picked up the distinct scent of Gordon, he's been here lately. Keeping my eyes peeled I headed to the side door where I picked up another scent, a familiar one. My eyes shot to Connor's as the scent registered and noticed he had come to the realization I had, we were being played by one of our own pack brothers. "That son of a bitch" I bit out as pulled my phone out.

“Dad, we have a traitor…Paul. His scent is outside Gordon’s house”

“Have you guys gone in yet?” Dad asked.

“No, we were checking the perimeter and I found his scent outside the side door” I said still sniffing the air as Connor kneeled down on his hands and knees sniffing the ground.

“Alright, call me after you get in” he said, his voice calm but the amount of power leaking from him gave away his anger.

“Sure thing” I said before hanging up.

I can’t believe one of our own has been consorting with the enemy. Maybe I am biased but I’ve always seen my father as a just and fair Alpha and I can’t see why anyone would want to betray his trust and the bond of being pack brothers. It’s a shame and it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth to think that we all trusted him as a guard to our family.

          “Let’s go in” I growled to Conner.

Pointing my gun at the door I nodded to Connor as he kicked the door in. Using my sensitive hearing I noticed nothing moving inside, no heartbeat, no breathing so I deemed it safe to enter. With Connor at my back I made my way through the door my eyes scanning the dimly lit room. We came in through the kitchen, it opening up into a small living room with a hallway leading to the other end of the house where I guessed the bedrooms were.