chapter 3

~Please excuse the lame name, I'm still trying to come up with the right title~

Jackson

It's getting late, I should probably head back. I picked up my pace as I trotted towards the house. I wonder what this doctor is going to be like. My father called him again earlier this evening. I guess Randy had gotten a fever and wasn't healing as fast as he should be. The doctor said he was only a couple of hours away, that he had left as soon as dad called him the first time. I really hope he can help. I was lost in my thoughts when an unfamiliar scent came to me through a light breeze. It was a sweet smell, almost like vanilla and flowers. I followed the scent when I came up to the meadow. Is someone else out here? I silently walked around the outside of the meadow staying in the shadows, looking around for the source of the intoxicating scent.

A tuff of white fur caught my eye in the center of the tall grass. Who is that, no one in our pack has white fur, come to think of it I have never seen a white wolf, they are very rare. Quietly I stalked over to them, careful not to make them aware that I was here. As I came closer I could hear the soft purring of the sleeping wolf. The smell got stronger; I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply, my body shivering with delight. I silently stood above the beautiful wolf, admiring her silky white fur. I sat down in front of her, slowly lying down in front of her. I laid my nose down on my paws, only inches away from her.

Suddenly her eyes shot open and low growl came from her chest. She had the most beautiful blue eyes I had ever seen. She quickly sat up, her lip pulling over her teeth. 'Who are you?' she asked through her mind. I stayed lying down so I wouldn't appear as a threat, 'I am Jackson, this is my property. Who may I ask are you?' I asked calmly. She quickly stopped growling, 'Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't know, you startled me' she apologized dropping her head. I sat up and pushed her head up with my muzzle. As soon as our bodies touched it felt like I was being electrocuted, but it didn't hurt, it was rather enjoyable. She must have felt it too because her head shot up and her eyes got wide. 'Who are you?' I asked quietly as I got lost in her eyes. She was quiet for a moment as she looked me over, 'I'm Dahlia, my father is the doctor.' So this is the doctor's adopted daughter; she is absolutely gorgeous.

We sat there in silence as we stared at each other in awe. I slowly brushed my nose against her soft fur, taking in her scent, feeling the strange tingle. 'What is that?' she asked closing her eyes as I continued to rub my muzzle against hers. 'I don't know, do you feel like you're being electrocuted, but in a good way?' I asked pulling my nose back. She tilted her head to the side, her blue eyes working over my face, 'Yes' she replied in a whisper. We sat there staring at each other, relaxed in the comfortable silence, surrounded by the smell of wildflowers, and the quiet noises of the night. I couldn't get over how beautiful she was. I wonder what she looks like in her human form. Is she just as beautiful? Suddenly she shot up, her ears twitching. 'I have to go' she said with apologetic eyes.

She slowly started walking towards the house, 'I will walk you back' I said as I came up behind her. She was at least half a foot shorter than me. She turned and looked at me playfully 'You can join me if you can keep up' she said then took off in a sprint. My wolf howled mentally excited for the chase. Emotions began charging through my body, my wolf wanting to chase her down and make her mine. I shook my head trying to gain control of myself. I ran off in her direction, following her scent. 'You better hurry if you want to catch me' she called out playfully. I smiled to myself 'I will catch you' I called out back to her. I could hear her running, snapping twigs under her paws. I was so happy, my wolf was happy. I could see the edge of the trees ahead; I jogged in the direction of where I left my shorts. I looked around, making sure no one could see me as I began to shift back.

Once in human form, I quickly slipped my shorts on and walked out of the trees. "Dahlia?" I called out as looked around the yard, not wanting to walk into to the trees and intrude on her privacy. "I told you to hurry" a sweet voice called out from behind me. I turned around and nearly chocked on my breath that got caught in my throat. Standing on the top step of the patio was the most gorgeous thing I had ever seen. She was medium height, shorter than me and taller than my mom, she had long platinum blond hair that fell down her back, long and lean tan legs, an abundant chest, and those eyes.