chapter 12

Dahlia

My body went stiff; did he just say what I thought he did? "Say it again" I whispered. He stared into my eyes "I love you Dahlia Smith." My heart was pounding in my chest as I tried to register what he said. He loves me. Jackson Hale the most delicious man I have ever laid my eyes on loves me Dahlia Smith. Do I love him? I mean I just met him a couple of days ago, could I possibly love him yet? I know I couldn't imagine my life without him. My wolf begs for him, calls to his wolf. I know he's my mate that much is obvious. "You don't have to say it back, I know it's kind of sudden, but it's true and I want you to know it" Jax said pulling away from me. I looked at his face. He tried to smile, but it didn't reach his eyes. Sadness crept onto his face as he ran his hand through his hair. The hurt in his eyes almost brought me to tears. Of course I love him, how could I not. He is my mate; he was made for me like I was made for him. He is everything I could possibly ask for and more. "I love you too" I told him rolling to my side so we were face to face. All sadness disappeared as an ear to ear smile took over his face. "Say it again" he asked in a hushed voice. I grinned "I love you Jackson Hale." In an instant his lips were on mine, kissing me deeply with more passion than I thought possible. I grabbed the back of his head letting my fingers weave into his hair and held on as he slipped his tongue into my mouth. I moaned quietly as his soft tongue glided over mine, his taste and smell overwhelming my senses. A load growl caused us to break apart. I looked over my shoulder to see Xavier staring at us with utter distaste "Do you think you can stop devouring my little sister's face" he growled, his eyes taking on a slight glow. I glared at him, silently telling him to shut the hell up before I kick your ass. He huffed and looked back at the TV. I looked around the room to see everyone else was still watching the movie. I turned back, facing Jax letting out a deep sigh. He smirked at me and pulled me into his chest. I nuzzled my face into his shoulder and let the soothing sound of Jax's breathing lull me to sleep.

I could tell I was moving but was too tired to care where to or why. I could smell Jax all around me as I buried my face into the crook of his neck and could hear him coo to me as he carried me upstairs.

I woke to sun shining in my eyes. I stretched my arms out above my head and felt something hard and warm weighing me down. I opened my eyes to see Jax's arm and leg lying across me. I smiled and enjoyed the warmth radiating from his perfect body. The blankets were tangled around us making it feel like we were in a cocoon of utter bliss. I rolled to my side so I was facing him and smiled as I looked over his peaceful face. He looked so happy with a small smile pulling at the left corner of his mouth. I lightly traced my finger down his forehead and down his nose. He grunted and twitched his face. I giggled and did it again as he rubbed his face with his left hand. I gently placed kisses across his forehead and down his nose, across his cheek finally landing on his lips. I felt him smile against mine and chuckle. "Good morning beautiful" he said, his voice husky from sleep. "Good morning" I smiled as he pulled me closer to him. We laid there staring into each other's eyes, perfectly content in our state of bliss. I was almost becoming hypnotized by the swirling pools of green that are his eyes and the pulsing electricity passing between our bodies. I reached up and pushed back a piece of his silky black hair, letting it slip through my fingers. I let my eyes roam over his perfectly chiseled features, finally landing on his lips. I could practically feel their warm softness on my own. "Do you have any idea how sexy that is?" he whispered staring at my lips. "Huh" I asked. I didn't realize I was doing anything. "When you bite your lower lip like that it is enough to drive me crazy" he said rubbing his thumb along my lip. "I don't even realize I'm doing it" I smiled. "I know" he whispered inching his face closer to mine. I closed the distance and softly pressed my lips to his. My body hummed with excitement as my wolf and I became wrapped in utter euphoria. Jax lightly ran his fingers down my side causing me to shiver. I lightly moaned as he ran them back up lifting my shirt up so his soft finger tips grazed my skin. He pulled away, all too soon, and gave me a lop sided smile. "I think we should stay right here all day. I'll lock the door and keep you as my prisoner" he said pulling me on top of him. I rested my chin on his hard chest and smiled at him. "As tempting as that sounds, I have plans for today" I said. He pouted and gave me a sad face like a child. I nipped at his bottom lip playfully making him chuckle. "So what, you are mine and I'm not in the sharing mood" he said wrapping his arms tightly around my body. I laughed at his child like behavior. "Trust me, I would rather be your prisoner, but I doubt Amy and Kallee will let that slide. Besides, you're having a guys day" I said. Jax chuckled and rolled his eyes "You're right" he huffed pulling my shirt up so he could run his fingers up and down the bare skin of my back. "Mmm" I sighed resting my cheek on his peck. This feels right, like this is exactly where I am meant to be for the rest of my life. "Why don't you go take a shower and get dressed, I will make some breakfast" he said pulling my face up to kiss me on the forehead. I nodded and rolled off him.