W.L. Chapter 21

Recap:

"Jax I'm going to take my car and drive me and Xavier." Jax looked at me questioningly with a slight pout on his face. I nodded my head towards Xavier and then to Mika who had her back to me. "Okay, come on Mika and Colt let's go" he said winking at me. I gave him a seductive grin and made my way to my car. This is going to be interesting to say the least.

Jackson

"So mated huh" Mika said as we drove over to Randy's, Dahlia and Xavier following us. An instant smile appeared "Yep, can you believe it?" She chuckled "Honestly, no I can't." I was still having a hard time grasping the fact that Dahlia was mine. My wolf echoed my thoughts letting out a howl in victory. "Jeez cuz, wipe that ridiculous grin off your face" Mika teased. "I can't help it, I've never been so happy in my life." I was practically jumping out of skin with joy. That sexy little thing following me was the most perfect girl in the world, and she was my mate. "You haven't even seen the worst of it, they're practically attached at the hips, literally" Colton added from the back seat. "Don't be jealous" I teased.

"What about you" I glanced at Mika "you think you'll mate any time soon?" I was trying to be subtle and see if she wouldn't tell me about her and Xavier. "I've got too much going on to worry about that" she said turning to face out the window. Of course she's not going to make this easy. "Don't give me that bullshit, Mika. I thought you were taking a break from school." She sighed "I am, but you know just as well as I do that I'm going back. I'm almost done." Mika was a brilliant artist and history buff; she was going to school to become an art restoration specialist. "So what, you're just gonna blow it off and not even bother trying to find him?" I know I was messing with fire trying to get Mika to open up, but I can't stand by and let her do this.

I could feel the glare Mika was sending my way but I didn't dare face her for fear that she might see exactly what I was trying to do. "What about after school? Are you coming back home or are you going to stay up there?" I asked trying to play cool. "I don't know, I haven't thought that far ahead." Typical Mika answer. "I know I would like it if you came home, and sure there are other people that wouldn't mind you coming back." I could feel her nervousness as she quickly looked away. "You should think about settling down Mika, I think it would be good for you." I heard her sigh as she ran a hand through her hair. "What did he say?" Well shit, so much for being subtle.

"Why are you pushing him away? You know you can't deny your mate" I said softly. "What? Who's your mate?" Colton asked sticking his head between our seats. "None of your business pup" Mika said smacking him on the head. "Owe, I'm not a pup" he said sulking back into his seat. I sat patiently waiting for her to explain herself, stealing looks at her from the corner of my eye. After a couple of minutes she threw her hands up "What do you want me to say Jax?" I rolled my eyes, god she is difficult. "Why did you tell him you didn't want him?" Mika held her head in her hands. "I didn't tell him I didn't want him" she said shaking her head. "Well he seems to think that's the case." I noticed Colton sit up in his seat getting ready to say something but I just shook my head at him warningly.

"I don't understand how you can deny your wolf her mate" I said thinking out loud. "Trust me it's not easy" she groaned. "Then why the hell are you doing it!" I asked growing frustrated. "Because" she said clamping her teeth glaring at me. "Because is not an answer" I countered. "Jax quit pushing it" her face was growing red as she turned to face me her lip pulling up in a snarl. "Seriously Mika why are you being like this?" She is to hard headed for her own damn good. "Because it fucking scares me!" she yelled. I slammed the car in park as we were now at Randy's. Before I could say another word Mika jumped out of the car and ran inside the house. "Nice going Jax" Colton huffed as he climbed out of the car. I rested my head against the steering wheel silently cursing at myself. I should have just left it alone, now she's going to be all moody and pissed off.