Chapter 14

Jackson

I took a breath trying to rein in my wolf. I swear that girl gets me going so easily. "Come on Jax, we're playing a game here" Conner called from the card table. I tried to get rid of the huge smile on my face but it was pointless, I was love drunk. "Was that Dahlia" Travis asked as I took my seat. "Of course it was, look at his ridiculous smile" Conner laughed. Jake smacked him on the back of the head "Just wait till you find your mate! I can't wait to give you shit like you've been doing to us for the past, what like six years" said Jake looking to Travis for back up. "Well, keep waiting my friend 'cause it ain't fuckin' happenin'" Conner said leaning his chair back. "We'll see about that" I said looking down at my cards. "Have any of you seen the Orson girls?" Travis asked before sipping on his beer. "Yeah, I've met them. Chloe is nineteen and unmated and Brianna is fifteen. The parents are real nice. They'll be meeting the pack on Saturday too" I explained laying my cards out. "Full house ladies" I announced grinning widely. "Ugh bastard, do you have to win at everything?" Jake complained. "So what does this Chloe look like?" Conner asked throwing his cards to the middle of the table. "Um, I don't know, she's pretty I guess. I didn't really check her out to be honest with you" I said trying to recall exactly what she looked like. "You gotta give me some details, what's her body like, she tall, short, thin, big boobs" he said holding his hands out like he was grabbing his own tits. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair shrugging. "Come on, give some details here!" Xavier complained. I laughed "Ugh" I groaned trying to remember "She had blondish-brownish hair, she was tall, thin, pretty face, that's about all I remember" I said throwing my hands up. "Model thin or normal thin?" Xavier asked. "Normal I guess" I said laughing. "Her chest?" Conner urged. "Seriously?" I questioned. "Yes seriously, we're talking about a potential mate here" said Conner elbowing Xavier. "Uh, small I guess" I said trying to remember. To be honest, all girls are nothing compared to Dahlia. I don't even understand what I thought was attractive about other girls. "Small compared to Dahlia or small as in really small?" Conner asked. I growled and Xavier groaned at Conner mentioning Dahlia's breast. "Oh shut up, I don't know why I'm even asking you" Conner huffed waving his hand at me. I rolled my eyes at him and grabbed the cards Jake passed out to me.

I glanced at my watch, shit I have to pick up Colton. "Hey guys I gotta go get Colt, I'll talk to you tonight" I said standing up and stretching my arms above my head. Xavier stood up and pushed his chair out. "Hey man you can stay here I can take you home later if you want" Conner offered Xavier. "Cool" Xavier said sitting back down. "Alright see ya" I called out as I walked upstairs. I wonder if Kallee and Amy followed the plan, matter of fact I'll call Kallee right now. I pulled out my phone as I got into my car and dialed her number. "Hey" she greeted after a couple of rings. "Hey, how's everything going?" I asked. "I'll be right back" I heard her to say, she must have put the phone down because it was hard to hear. "Everything's fine Jax, do you not trust us?" she asked teasingly. "Yes I trust you, I just want to make sure everything is going as planned" I said as I tried to pull out of the drive way and talk on the phone at the same time. "Yeah, we're having a hard time convincing her to get more than one outfit though. At least you know she's not a gold digger" Kallee laughed. I chuckled "That she is not. Tell her I want her to come home with no less than three large bags. And make sure she gets something for tonight" I said trying to emphasize how important it was. "I know Jackson, we have it under control" she assured me. "Okay, drop her off at the house at five" I said before hanging up the phone. I really hope she enjoys tonight. I'm so happy I have someone to do all these romantic things I've been dying to do for someone. I glanced down at the clock and noticed I was already five minutes late. I pushed on the gas pedal and sped to the school.

"I swear I can't wait till I can drive and don't have to wait around for your ass" Colton griped as he climbed in the car. He looked in the backseat "Where's Dahlia?" he questioned. "She's shopping with Amy and Kallee" I answered. "Oh, you think you can drop me off at Kevin's later? His parents are going out tonight so he convinced these two sophomores to come over" he said wiggling his eyebrows. I chuckled "No can do, I've got plans tonight. Mom and Dad are going out I'm sure they can drop you off when they leave" I said making my way back to the main road. "What are you doing tonight?" he asked messing with his phone. "Something special with Dahlia" I said as a smile broke out across my face as I went over my plans for this evening. "Something special as in slipping her the hot beef injection" Colton chuckled. I reached over and punched him in the arm. "Owe what the hell dude, I was only kidding" he said rubbing his arm. I laughed "Don't be a baby, that wasn't even that hard" I said knowing it was pretty hard. "I have to stop at the Bob's real quick" I said pulling into the parking lot. I got out and jogged into the store "Hey Jackson!" someone called. I looked over to the counter and waived "Hey Bob." I grabbed a cart and quickly walked through the store trying to figure out exactly what I needed. I hope Dahlia isn't allergic to anything, I should probably double check. I pulled my phone out and called Xavier. "Hey is Dahlia allergic to any foods?" I asked when he picked up. He chuckled "No, but you should get a lot because Dolly can eat." I laughed "Alright thanks" I said before hanging up. I began walking up and down the isles tossing food in. When I got to the deli I rang the bell and waited for Bob. "Hey kid, how's Randy doing?" he asked as he walked behind the counter. "He's doing a lot better. Dr. Smith did a great job getting him patched back up" I said looking over the meat. "Can I get two boneless chicken breast, no skin" I said pointing at the ones I wanted. "Did you find out who did it" he asked as he wrapped the chicken. "He thinks it was a hunter, I guess he didn't get a chance to catch a scent and when some guys went out there they couldn't smell anything either" I said taking the chicken. "Hmm" he said thoughtfully. "I hear you finally found your mate" he said leaning over the counter. I smiled brightly at the mention of her "Yes I did, are you coming to the ceremony tomorrow?" I asked. "Wouldn't miss it for the world, your mom's having me bring my famous ribs too" he said rubbing his belly. "See you then" I waved and walked to the register. "Hi" said the young girl working the cash register. I smiled politely and started putting my items on the conveyer belt. I started going over a mental check list as the girl rang me up. "Is there anything else I can get you?" the girl asked batting her lashes at me. I chuckled "No, I think this will be all thank you" I said handing her my credit card. She ran the transaction and held out my card and the receipt, I went to grab it but she held on "Would you like to me to help take it out to your car?" she asked sticking her chest out. I laughed "No thank you" and tried taking the car again. She leaned in closer to me "Are you sure?" I looked at her growing annoyed "Positive" I said snatching the card out of her hand. I grabbed my bags and walked out of the store rolling my eyes. I piled everything in the backseat and climbed in the driver's side. "Take you long enough? Why are you grocery shopping anyway, isn't that mom's job" said Colton. "I'm making dinner for Dahlia" I told him as I pulled out of the parking lot.