Chapter 78 - The practice

At their gym the student council president teaches them what would they do in the prom. Of course the performance dance is included to their practice and that is the most priority to their practice. Nishikata somehow can't follow up to the dance. The dance seem to be more expertly hard, it really needs to be participating so you can get the movements. Takagi keeps on staring at him while she dances, she can't get her eyes off him and try to focus more on practice but she can't resist as if she wanted to help him understand the steps. They don't have any school lessons for 7 days. They need to practice more to show off the grade 9 students. During their break Takagi wanted to talk to Nishikata but suddenly The vice president came and suddenly cheered him up Nishikata was so happy to spend time with the vice president as she flirts him to get even more enjoyment on their practice. Takagi never had Nishikata became so happy like that. She never see him smiled. The smile that he had makes differently like he's satisfied to have someone who really care about him, though Takagi does also care about him but then to think that Nishikata doesn't seem to feel the love that she make. Her enjoyment on practice went down. On their resume of practice she got tired and feel worthless, her movements became more clumsy as it is. There's this one movement she made and went out balanced. One of the students helped her and saw an injury in her left ankle. The music stopped and the president tried to look for what happened.

"What happened? Are you okay?"

"No miss president. She had an injury on her ankle."

"N-No I'm fine, I can dance."

"Oh my! You should rest at the corner. We'll bring you some ice to cool it down."

Nothing broke on her ankle as her foot land badly, her ankle got swollen and can't walk properly and then so the practice continues Nishikata got so hyped up and dances well after he got taught by the vice president. Without knowing Takagi is in the corner resting a bit while she watches the other students practice. She can usually get into the music and she can coordinate with the other students. Though her injury got so swollen and got pretty bad even gets worst. One student came to help him, he skipped the practice just to help her.

"Are you okay?"

"Huh? Ohh umm... I'm fine. Wait aren't you supposed to practice?"

"I can skip practice anytime, besides there still a remaining days left and I can catch up to them."

...

"Your ankle is really beat."

"Yeah... It hurts that I can't move it."

"No one ask you to overwork yourself, just give it a rest."

*sigh* "Fine... If only this wouldn't happen to me."

...

"I'm Ishika Izumi, I'm a senpai of the student council president."

*chuckles* "I never ask your name."

"S-Sorry."

"Haha! Just kidding."

"You really are a tease aren't you?"

"Not much... But occasionally I do it to my classmate."

...

"By the way... Were you also a student council before?"

"Yeah, I was a president before and time did come that I got replaced by the grade 9 student."

"I see..."

...

"Would you mind me knowing your name then?"

"You can call me Takagi."