Chapter 27 - Practicing Skate

A day of celebrating christmas. Nishikata was at the Rozan Park this noon. He was standing on the frozen pond, no one could ever knew what is he doing standing on the pond.

I could teach you how to skate Nishikata.

(Somehow you managed to promise to me but.. Too bad that you are going to home to your province then.... However! This won't gonna work if I didn't practice on it! I will practice alone.)

Nishikata brought his skating shoes and wear it. He remembered what did Takagi told him before.

I wish we could skate together Nishikata.

Despite of she is gone for a month. Nishikata is practicing how to skate, his determination of learning it is so strong that he has a confidence of learning to skate. However he had many problems learning on it, he keeps off balancing on himself. He can't stood up and try again.

(No matter how I try this is so difficult I can't do it.)

But however skating is not about you learn it yourself.

*sigh* "I guess I need her by the way. Is there any other people around here who knows how to skate?"

"I do!"

He was shocked and surprised that someone answered his question. He thought was Takagi who just came from her province. However his classmate Kanata did show up to him.

"K-Kanata - san? What are you doing here?"

"Oh umm! I should be the one asking you that. Well I always came here like almost everyday. And don't call me by that honorifics it's embarrassing."

"Oh well. It's nice to meet you again kanata."

"I see that you're having problem with skating huh."

"Heh heh! Well uhh I'd thought it would be easy for me to learn this."

"Well learning only yourself is so difficult unless if you understand it well."

"Y-Yeah I guess so."

"So you want me to teach you?"

"U-Uhh will you then?"

Kanata told him that she will teach him to skate. She teach him first the basic which is balancing first. The balancing could be difficult for Nishikata since he is bad at those.

"Look here's the trick if you are gonna bend your other leg while the other one is straight. You should bend your other leg slowly as it is."

As Nishikata is moving his leg slowly it became accurate on balancing compare before. He was so surprised that he could do that.

"I see that you're doing great now you will be standing there for a 1 hour."

"1 hour?! T-That's so long! Can it be atleast 10 minutes?"

"Well doing that in 1 hour will be a quick."

"Ehh? You're lying aren't you! You're just messing me around!"

"Look skating is all about balancing! If you think all I taught you was a joke then we should stop this!"

"Alright alright! How long will I resist this?"

"Didn't I tell you to do that in 1 hour?"

"Oh right! I forgot!"

1 hour later...

(Crap I've been standing like this for so long! How long is it to accomplish balancing?)

"You still won't improve if you always get off balance."