Chapter 24 - Winning a girl's heart

(This is the day I have to compete for the Sports Play! I can see how they are determined to win. But that's not gonna happen because in the first round I'm gonna beat them good.)

"Oh look what do we have here!"

"Oh! there you are Nishikata I was looking for you!"

"Really? It seems that's not how it looks like."

"Hmm? I swear I was looking for you. By the way do your best I'll be cheering for you."

"U-Uhh sure but I don't need someone who'll be cheering on me."

"Hmm? Then I'll be cheering on Kaito - kun then."

"Huh? What?" (Shit wait stop right there you can't ask her why is she gonna cheer Kaito! She'll know that I'm jealous.)

"NISHIKATA!! What the heck are you doing there come down here now!"

"Uhh yeah I'm coming Touma! Uhh Takagi - san I'll be going now!"

"Huh? Yeah sure!"

"Ple-....." Because of the crowded places.

"Huh? What did you say?" (Somehow I can't hear him saying anything, the crowd sure is so loud here. Maybe he can't hear my cheer.)

"Runners please line up!"

"Ready......Set....."

"Ohh man you're really such an idiot are you Touma!"

"Wha? I was just calling you because the match is starting."

"Yeah right I guess so..."

"Are you okay Nishikata?"

*Nishikata blushes and happy* "Hmph. This is really embarrassing you know. Saying this to Takagi - san is really quite making me embarrassed."

"Huh? Takagi - san again Nishikata? What did you said to her?"

"GO!!" *BANG*

"TOO SLOW TOUMA!"

"WHAA? Hey that's a false start you dumb!"

"Not my fault! HAHA!"

The runners run around the oval as all the spectators are cheering for them. The runners are running as fast as they can. Nishikata was on the lead and confidently going for a win, but he saw Kaito is also catching up to him.

"What's up champ! Getting too slow because you used up your strength?"

"I won't let you set the phase Kaito!"

"Haha! Sure try then!"

"Uwa! H-He's fast! Faster than I am!"

(I'm useless I can't go on. The others are catching up to me! Is this is all I've got?)

Nishikata is getting slower and slower as he's just jogging. The others had catched up to him and kept on running.

(T-This is... useless I can't run anymore! GAH! I can't let him win!)

(Nishikata... are you tired? Is that all you got? I was hoping for you to win this. Are you gonna give up? In that case!)

"NISHIKATA!! DON'T STOP!! KEEP RUNNING AND DO YOUR BEST!! YOU ARE THE FASTEST RUNNER!!"

(Wha?? Is that what I hear?... Someone's cheering for me... I see it's Takagi - san huh?)

(I'll do my best! I can't give up yet! This is not my limit! Takagi - san watch me as I catch up to them!)

Nishikata threw a high speed of running. The audience was shocked on how fast is he to run a phase like that. He passed the other runners and goes up to Kaito.