Seventy

Chapter Seventy: Bridal Ring
Cade
***

"How come you two didn't say anything?" Blithe asked softly, there was so much care in her words as she hugged my mate. "This is such a hard thing to go through alone."

I sighed, "We wanted to be able to tell you guys once the adoptions went through."

"What agency is it with?" Ieston asked.

I went into the specifics while My cousin and wife talked a little more. I was thankful to Blithe for distracting Daisy even if momentarily as they talked about which room would be Wren's and how Daisy and I would decorate it for him.

We had already decided that we were going to moving our stuff into the downstairs master bedroom, and the children would take the upstairs bedrooms.

Wren was suppose to be in our old room, Cora would be across the hall from him in the guest room Daisy once had (even though she never offically stayed in it), and Robbie's nursery was going to the bedroom next to Cora's.

"I was reading an article about corrupt adoption agencies...I can't be one hundred percent sure...but I wouldn't be surprised if this agency was one of them."

"Corrupt how?" I growled angrily.

"They call it the 'Bridal Ring' they take female orphans from good families and basically sell them to the highest bidder for future brides of Alpha's younger sons...they come from good breeding and can in turn be good breeders for Alpha's sons."

I was disgusted.

"I'm calling the council back down here...we have to find out if this is happening, this goes beyond Cora being adopted by us now...this is now concerning the future safety of all children that go through this agency."

As much as I wish I could sheild my Mate from the deplorable actions that may be happening I knew as My Luna she had to know.

Of course hearing it upset her further, so much it literally made her sick to her stomach, but once she came back there was nothing but anger.

"Are you alright My Flower."

She nodded, "I'm fine...but we need to fix this Cade."

I nodded. I called up the coucil and as serious as this was they didn't even question it.

Again we didn't know for sure this was happening, but with even an allegation we couldn't just sit here and do nothing.

It took a few hours, but once the council arrived we came up with our plan...it was a simple one.

I'd go in there alone, I speak with whoever is in charge and try to pay for Cora.

"Now they may not give in right away...you may have to come up with a less than flattering situation to try and procure the child...either way if they allow you to pay for her then we'll step in..."

"But what about Cora?" Daisy asked. "At the end of the day I'll be glad to know that no matter what she is safe and happy."

"We will decide on the child's future once we get this all cleared up."

Blithe remained with Daisy while Ieston and I joined the council members back to the agency.

"We'll wait for you here in the Car," One of them said. "Take your Beta but have him remain outside the door both as security and a witness."

I nodded and then Ieston and I exited the vehicle and made our way in.

I was greeted and immediately asked to speak to the person in charge and was then shown to a fancy looking office.