Twenty Three

Chapter Twenty Three: Ironsmith
Cade
***

Once I got her suitcase into my trunk we took off, I didn't hold back anymore as I took a hold of her hand and smiled at her.

"You okay?"

She noodded almost shyly. "Just a little nervous."

"Nervous about what?" I wondered out loud.

She shrugged, "I've never been there for one so it's a new place, I don't know anyone so theres another one...-"

"You know me." I tried to offer.

She gave me a small smile, "I know a version of you, but that's another thing...I know you'll be busy so I won't see you as much as I have gotten to see you while you were in Sunderland, more so... something tells me that i'm going to see a different side of you."

She was right in all of her worries, I had thought of the same worries while I was at the Hotel.

"Daisy, I promise that the man you got to know is me, to you I will always be just Cade, to everyone else I have to be Alpha Cade  or Mister Irons and I know I do have business to attend to but I promise that I will make all my free time yours."

I watched as her cheeks pinked. But I was glad to see that she seemed to relax after that.

I stopped at a gas station to gas up and she got us a couple of coffees before we hit the road.

She kicked off her shoes in an attempt to get more comfortable.

"I should have brought a blanket." She yawned.

I smiled and reached behind her to grab my jacket.

She smiled at me as she took it and covered herself with it.

"Tired?"

She nodded, "Yeah...I got to bed pretty late last night...some guy wouldn't stop texting me about going for a morning hike to see the sunrise."

I smiled, "You should've ignore him and got some sleep." I said. To be honest I couldn't sleep last night and in turn I couldn't stop thinking about Daisy, We hadn't made any plans for the next day so I had text her suggesting the early morning hike.

She looked at me and shook her head. "Nah, he's too cute to ignore."

"Cute?" I asked in a teasingly offended tone. "Is that all I am to you."

"For now."

She was flirting, it was a side to Daisy I hadn't yet gotten to know yet. "Well Daisy, I'll just have to take your time in my pack to my advantage by changing your view of me until I'm more than cute."

She smiled a smug smile and didn't say anything else before she closed her eyes. I turned on the radio (these days I tend to keep it off so that I can talk to Daisy) but kept the volume low so she could rest uninterrupted.

I drove on and soon the sounds of Daisy's light breathing along with her scent filled my car.

I looked over at her and couldn't help but smile, I felt so content as I drove along the autumn filled tree lined road, Daisy peacefully asleep by my side.

__________

I turned off the car and unbuckled as I pulled up to my packhouse. I would've gone straight to my house but I knew I'd need to let my Beta know I was back and also I wanted Daisy to see the more relaxed side of my pack before I took her to the more fast paced Southtown.

"Daisy." I said softly as I reached out and brushed her hair from her face.

"Don't look at me I'm not cute right now." She grumbled as she held her eyes shut.

I chuckled, "We're here Daisy."

She smiled and opened one of her eyes to see if I was looking at her.

"I told you I look crazy, don't look at me." She sounded before trying to hide under my jacket.

"You look fine, now we can either go into my packhouse or we can sit hear and I'll let you continue napping."

She moved my jacket and looked at me, I smiled, "You messed your hair up doing that." I said of the small hairs now loose from her ponytail. I used my hand to smooth them back and she smiled at me.

"Thanks." She said as she handed my jacket back and pulled her hair down from it's confines. She used her fingers to comb through her hair and fluffy it to her liking.

I got out of the car and went over to the passenger side just as she was finishing up and my front door opened. I held my hand out to Daisy and watched to see who was exiting the packhouse. It was only my Beta.

"Alpha." He sounded as he walked over but stopped when he noticed I wasn't alone.

"Ieston." Daisy sounded with a smile.

I was a little surprised. "Do you know my Beta?" I asked her.

"Not officially." She admitted, "We've only met in passing a couple of times...I believe the last time was at a wedding, with your wife?"

"Blithe, yes Miss Brooks...it's a pleasure to see you again." Ieston said a little stiffly, he wasn't very good with outsiders, none the less he politely shook her hand.

"Daisy is my guest and will be staying with us, While she is here I want everyone to make her feel welcome and treat her with respect and kindness." I said smiling at her.

"Of course Alpha."

I placed my hand on Daisy's back  to ease any nerves she may have upon arriving but also because I just felt comfortable in our closeness.

I walked us up to packhouse and let us in. Daisy looked like she was impressed and I smirked a little.

"Let me give you a tour." I said low enough only for her to hear. She smiled and nodded so I signaled for Ieston to leave us alone.

Thankfully he understood and soon it was just Daisy and I.

"There's really no need to go up as the third and second floors are rooms and restrooms for pack members who need a place to stay...last time I was here there were only nine people staying though, I'll have to check later to see if the numbers changed."

We moved a little more into the living room.

"This is what we call the big room...each floor has a living space as well with sofas and chairs...however, you won't find any televisions or radios in 'public domain' such as lounge areas...but there are televisions in each room, plus the basement is a soundproof theater...ultimately we want to respect everyones space."

"Sounds great."

I nodded and I went on, "Over there is the library but it also has a bunch of computers available for anyone ot use...back there is the kitchen, it's always fully stocked but we don't keep any staff on so any cooking or cleaning is up to packhouse residents..."

"Thats the dining hall." I continued as we walked by the large dining room lined with several long tables and benches. "Lastly is my war room, or my office...main pack business is conducted in there alongside one on one meetings."

I grabbed her hand and playfully began pulling her into the "war room."

"Cade..."

I smiled, "I have some pressing concerns I need to see to....a little one on one meeting if you will." I said before stepping in and closing the office door behind me before I pressed my lips to hers again.

These kisses were softer compared to the urgent and more rough kisses this morning. And while both were amazing and awoke my wolf...it was these slower, softer kisses that I knew She was enjoying more.