Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten: Getting To Know You
Daisy
***

"Dad, Who was that?" I asked as I watched my dad wave off his guest.

He closed the door and smiled from ear to ear.

"Sweet girl, if we play our cards right we may just be able to get you a husband."

I felt my face heat up as I suddenly thought about the Viking like guy I had spoken with only moments ago.

"And what makes you think he'd want to be with me, I mean he could have a mate."

"He doesn't...well I mean he did, but well...come to think of it no one really knows what happened except that he informed the council of him having found his mate and then nothing ever came of it...sad but it's been many years now...But you my dear are the most lovely girl I'm sure he's seen in a long time if not ever."

I rolled my eyes.

"Physical beauty is only a facet of attraction...there are other layers we'd have to work through." I pointed out, "Do we have any similar interests or dislikes...I don't even know him and he doesn't know me."

"You can get to know each other with time...but I need you to understand the importance of this Daisy... He didn't come for your hand in marriage, and to be honest probably doesn't know you don't have a mate, you'll have to charm him and make him fall for you because babygirl, there might not be another chance if this one doesn't work out."

I couldn't help but think this wouldn't work.

I mean sure there was something about the guy that was rather alluring and I'm sure behind his scruffy beard he'd be good looking albeit rough around the edges...but I highly doubt I can sway a guy like him to fall for me enough to garner a relationship much less an actual marriage proposal.

This wouldn't be easy.

"You don't know how long I've waited for an alliance with the Ironsmith pack."

I sighed, "I'll do my best dad."

After that I didn't feel like being home so I took off into town. Again not really feeling like being confined I parked my car and decided to just take in the fresh air and look through all of the shops, I needed to clear my head. As I passed each storefront I stopped and talked a little with each person I saw, and as I made my way on I decided to have an early lunch since I had essentially skipped breakfast due to the new comers arrival.

I stopped and grabbed some of my favorite mini cupcakes from the bakery and upon exiting (with treats in tow) I heard someone call out to me.

"Miss Daisy."

I was mostly shocked to find that the deeper set voice who had called to me was the Alpha.

"Mister Cade." I smiled as he made his way over to me.

"It's just Cade." He retorted, again I couldn't tell for sure due to his beard but I think I picked up on a hint of a smile in his words.

My own smile remained on my face as I shrugged nonchalantly, "Then It's just Daisy...so what brings you by our sleepy little town Cade?"

He stuck his hands in the pockets of his jeans, and began walking alongside me.

"Just a get away."

"My father hadn't mentioned you'd be staying." I sounded, but heard immediately how that could be taken the wrong way, "Of course we always welcome any and all guest to our town."

He nodded, I felt awkward.

A slience fell upon us and I could tell we were both trying to come up with something to say.