Twenty Eight

Chapter Twenty Eight: Familiars
Daisy
***

I kept my eyes shut as I went to roll over to my other side.

But as I went to move I found there was something constraining me.

Groggily I opened my eyes and blinked a few times so my sleepy eyes would adjust to the dark room.

I almost panicked as I couldn't tell where I was.

I went to sit up and felt something tighten around my waist.

I turned and found Cade, Sleeping and I smiled as I suddenly remembered how I had been watching a movie in his room, I must've fallen asleep on him.

"Don't go." He sounded sleepily, his eyes still closed. "Stay with me Daisy."

I couldn't help but smile and lay back down. I had previously had my back to him while I slept but now I was facing him.

I took this moment to really look at his face, even here in the dark room I had plenty of light from the moon to see how much more handsome he was up close. His long lashes splayed across the tops of his cheeks, his full lips slightly parted as he breathed evenly through his nose.

I took the opportunity to lightly kiss him. He didn't kiss me back so I knew he must've been enjoying a deep sleep, I smiled and closed my eyes before nuzzling against his chest.

I opened my eyes again and realized that it was his bare chest.

'He must've taken his shirt off.'

'He did say he gets hot, and sleeps in his underwear.'

'I wonder...'

I knew if I lifted the blanket it'd be too dark to tell if he was in basketball shorts or not plus the sudden shift in temperature might wake him up...but I knew his basketball shorts were long so I could feel if he was wearing them.

Nervously I lifted my leg and slowly letting it trail up his own leg, I felt no fabric until about mid thigh I assume...he had in fact taken his shorts off as well as was sleeping in his underwear like he mentioned earlier.

I smirked and moved once again to get comfortable as I curled my body into a ball and rested against his chest.

_____

When I woke up the next morning I was hesitant to open my eyes because I was dreading having Cade see me first thing in the morning.

I slowly opened my eyes and turned to see I was in bed alone, the sun was shining brightly into the bedroom now.

I sat up in the bed.

I had left my cellphone in the guest room as I had planned on returning to the room after the movie to go to sleep last night, but my tired body and Cade's charming ways had other plans for me.

I noticed he left his watch sitting on the side table and I reached out and grabbed it.

"11:26!" I sounded worried.

I scrambled out of the bed as I realized that I had completely missed breakfast with Cade's cousin. I was in a rush now I needed to call Cade and see if he could get his cousin to meet me for lunch or something so I could personally apologize to her.

But before I left the bedroom I made his bed, I didn't want him to think I was a slob.

Afterward I rushed down the hallway and into the guest room. I went into restroom and used the potty and washed my face, I put on some quick make-up and pulled on a dress and a pair of heels (thinking she'd more than likely want to be in Southtown)