Clumsy

Third Person’s POV

Robert started walking around the room, thinking and over thinking about Emma’s reaction.

Why was she like this?

Damn, he hated when she yelled at him.

Frowning, he approached the bathroom door.

“Emma… are you coming out? You’ve been in there for forever”

“I will stay here for as long as I want!”

“Baby, c’mon… come out.”

“Why don’t you go downstairs and be with miss workaholic?!”

Robert rolled his eyes “Fine.” He spoke, not meaning his words, he just hoped Emma would leave that bathroom.

So, walking downstairs, he took a deep breath

“Agreed or disagreed?!” Sophie looked back from the living room

Robert frowned “Agreed” he muttered “I’m going to cook dinner”

He tried to concentrate on the food in front of him and take Emma away from his mind.

It’ll be ok.

It’ll go away.

He kept telling himself.

So, starting to organize the food by color, then getting lost in the stove and the refrigerator door magnets… it was probably an hour later that he, indeed started to cook.

And just because Sophie joined him.

“Robert?” she smiled at him as he concentrated on the stove again

“Uh, sorry” he deviated his attention to the cooking meal again.

“NO, it’s fine. I was just going to say that… you’re really better”

He looked at her, blushing “You think?!”

“Oh, how long would you normally take to actually cook something? OR do anything else? I think you’re so much better, in everything. You’ve been fighting your mind bravely and… perfectly” She smiled “Not many would”

He looked down, feeling overwhelmed. “Thanks, Sophie” he hugged her tight.

But neither of them knew that a feisty Emma had finally walked downstairs and watched both hugging each other.

Her blood boiled even more.

But she had no strength to say anything or cause uproar.

Her head was killing her.

So, she simply walked upstairs and went to her bed.

Back at the kitchen, Robert was telling Sophie about Emma and what had happened

“Worry not, Rob. She’ll be fine. You know how we are sometimes”

He looked at her, confused “Well… she was never like this before”

Sophie looked at him, suspicious and patient. “Well, it will be ok. Why don’t you try go upstairs and call her for dinner?”

Robert nodded, but turned back as he was reaching the door “Better, I will take her a tray with dinner”

Sophie smiled “The best boyfriend in the world” she went to put the table ready and get some dinner herself “and what a cooker!” she commented as he walked upstairs.

“Baby…?” he called out, spotting Emma lying down in bed “I brought you dinner…”

“Go away, Robert”