Soon

Robert stood quiet in his seat, however every once in a while he couldn’t stop himself from moving pens and papers. He was surprised the director did not say anything. He just talked, talked and talked. Many of the things Robert had already forgotten. He didn’t seem a bad person, though. He seemed to be a pretty reasonable man.

Robert looked up at him when he sensed a cop approached to whisper something in his ear.

“Alright Mr. Hunter. I believe you want to take a bath?”

“Yes!” Robert quickly answered

“I am only letting you do it now because there is someone wanting to visit you and no one would want to see the state you are in right now, am I correct?” He smiled at Robert

“Uhhh… visit?”

“Yes”

“But… they told me I wasn’t allowed to have visitors.”

The director chuckled “We are not that cruel, Mr. Hunter. Of course you can have visitors.”

Robert half smiled “So… can I go and take a bath?”

“Go ahead, boy” The director replied “And I don’t want to see more fights”

Robert did not listen anymore, he could not think about anything else other than his bath and the visitor. Who was it? Emma? His uncle?

Gosh, he was eager to see Emma again.

The place of the baths was empty, but Robert had a feeling he would hate it on the next days. There were many showers together, no divisions, nothing. He didn’t think he would feel comfortable.

So, quickly passing by three different showers, Robert got ready and approached a cop, to show him the place of the visits. He still felt lost in the middle of that jail.

A big smile appeared on his face when he saw Emma looking at him on the other side of a big glass. He frowned when he noticed it, he saw her hands touching it as if calling for him to go closer. But he could never go much closer when there was that bloody thing separating them

He knocked hard on the glass “Why is this shit here?!”

“Robert…” She said, but he couldn’t listen to her

“Emma?!” He spoke, but could not hear her reply even though he saw her lips moving.

“What the hell?!” He punched the glass

“Kid, if you keep doing that you’ll be out of here in a second. No more visits!” A cop yelled

“Robert!” Emma tried her best for him to listen to her.

He glanced at her sadly and saw her pointing to the old phone next to him. He grabbed him as he watched her do the same

“See, so you can hear me now” Emma finally smiled, a tear falling down her eyes

“This sucks like this Emma” He let his body collapse against the glass, his hand at the same level as hers, as if touching it.

“It is the best we can get, Robbie” she sadly said “How are you?”

He sadly looked at her “I’m ok” he lied “People are not the most sympathetic I’ve met but…” he sadly smiled “I think I can handle them”

“You will leave this place soon” She said “I promise”

Robert glanced at her “I thought I wouldn’t be able to see you…”

“The hell you wouldn’t. I would kick all these clowns and get to you” she smiled

His eyes stared at her intensely and he kissed the glass in the spot her forehead was touching “Thank you for supporting me, all this time, Emma”