The more you know, the less you understand

I stood there looking at him, frozen. What did he just said? I saved his life? What the hell? How did I save his life? I don’t even know him!

I was about to ask him when I noticed an old man approaching us

“Son?” he asked

The guy turned around, his eyes widened “Uncle Frank! What are you doing here?” He quickly put his arm softly around the old man’s shoulder

“I received a call from the police station, boy. What happened?”

The guy looked at him, then back at me, then back at him.

The old man raised his eyebrow “How bad is it?”

I quickly moved to them “Really bad!” I was still annoyed.

Don’t blame me! I have this amazingly good looking guy here in front of me, that I don’t even know, who is taking my blame on behalf of a person’s death and no one will believe me!

The guy looked at me “I will manage it…” he said

The old man looked at both of them “What happened, after all?”

I quickly told the entire story, jitters taking the best of me. The guy looked at me scared “You are really mad…”

“Of course I am!”

The old man chuckled “A good lawyer, that is what you need”

“I know” The guy looked down “You didn’t have to come, Uncle Frank”

“Well, who would? I didn’t know you had this gorgeous girl coming to get you” He smiled

I couldn’t help my blush, but rolled my eyes “I am, at least, going to help you” I looked at him

He raised his eyebrow “Help me?”

“Yes, I am helping you”

He looked at me seriously before smiling. Gosh, his smile is perfect “I believe the lawyer will do the most…but… thank you”

“I don’t care, you are not alone in this lie”

He smiled “It is not a lie. It was an accident. I…” He stopped himself. I remembered his words just a few minutes ago.

“What…” I was interrupted, again.

ARGH. Why can’t I continue?!

“How about we all go and have lunch?”

The guy’s eyes widened and he looked at me, before smiling “That’s a great idea”

I looked at them, the older man was adorable and seemed really wise and the other guy was… well, you know.

“Can I at least know your name?!” I said, remains of irritation still inside me

He smiled widely at me “I’m Robert”

I looked at him, his perfect eyes and smile combined made me almost drool

Robert.

A small smile appeared on my lips “Finally, I get to know something about you”

He signaled me to start moving, so we walked softly towards the old man’s car.

“You live together?”

“Yes, dear” the old man said.

I glanced at Robert in the front sit, he remained silent, as if looking for something. He lived with his old uncle, who was old enough to be his grandfather. Were his parents gone? No more family? I was lost in my thoughts when I saw Frank’s hand touching Robert’s arm. He had a small cloth in his hand and seemed to be cleaning the dust of the car.