A date

When the alarm clock of Emma’s phone went off the next morning, Robert did not even notice. Emma quietly turned it off and looked at him, in a deep sleep. Well, it had only been three hours since he actually fell asleep, after being the entire night wandering around.

She softly left the bed and went to take a quick shower before getting dressed. She needed to go to school, for almost the entire day. That would be an exhaustive day.

So, she went to the kitchen and prepared some breakfast, when she saw Frank slowly walking inside.

“Oh, good morning Frank!” she said “I didn’t know you were already up, I could have helped!”

“It is ok, dear Emma” he weakly smiled “I should do things by myself while I still can. My nephew just worries too much”

She smiled “You can’t blame him, he is really worried and scared” she whispered “Some breakfast?”

“You are too kind” he smiled

She served him and joined him right away “He was awake for the entire night, almost”

Frank looked at her as she continued “I fell asleep before he arrived and… when I noticed it was already past 5.30am”

Frank smiled “Don’t feel bad for it, Emma. If you weren’t there, I would be the one stopping him, probably. And that would be at this time, when I woke up” he sadly said “that has happened too many times in the past”

She sadly looked at him “He can’t possibly rest like that”

“That is right, he would just rest when his body couldn’t take it anymore, sometimes” he sadly said “there was nothing I could do, it made me desperate, in the beginning”

She took a deep breath “Well, I am not going to let that happen anymore”

Frank smiled “Thank you for being with him”

“Don’t thank me, Frank” she stood up “I… I need him just as much”

Frank smiled, a happy expression on his face. He had waited for a girl like that for such a long time.

Emma walked to Robert’s room once again to grab her bag. She didn’t want to wake him up, so she would just leave a note. But as soon as she started writing it, she felt him groaning, calling for her when he noticed her spot on the bed was empty.

“Robbie” she sat next to him

He yawned, lazily opening his eyes “Where are you going, baby?” he asked, grabbing her hand

“I need to go to work, Robbie. It’s Monday”

“Oh… no” he pouted, his eyes closed again

She smiled, leaning in for a kiss.

“I need to go, I’ll see you later when I finish the day, ok?”

He groaned, pulling her into another kiss.

“What am I gonna do today, then?” He asked

She smiled “Rest, baby”

He groaned “Another kiss” he pouted

She smiled into his lips, she loved him for never letting her go without another kiss. But she was really getting late, she needed to go.

“Hmm, baby? I need to go”

“Okay…” he pouted

“Go back to sleep, Robbie” she stood up to leave

“Love you!” he said, his tiredness dragging him back to sleep.