Knockdown

Emma’s POV

“Feeling calmer, now?” I kissed his forehead, my arms still around his neck as he was sitting on the bed, in front of me.

He just hugged me tight “Let’s go and see how’s uncle Frank”

I made him look at me, nodding “It’s ok, alright?”

“It is. I know how this is… can’t really blame them, it’s part of their protocol to prevent accidents or risks…”

I looked at him, still raged at the previous events “They showed disrespect towards you. You’re nothing less than anyone.” I snapped “You’re… much more”

He softly smiled at me “I love you”

"And I love you, baby" I leaned down and kissed him, before pushing him to get up “Let’s find out about Frank, then”

He took a deep breath “He was unconscious…”

My eyes widened. I didn’t think it could be serious.

Frank has had many admissions in the hospital lately, I thought this was just one more.

“Deep breath, let’s hope it is nothing” I held his hand tight.

We walked out of that medical office and I had to ask to that amazingly nice concierge for Frank.

Yeah, that one who had really nice things to say about Robert. The words delirious and maniac were still stuck in my ears.

“Stay here, Robbie. I’ll go ask.” I looked at him, smiling “Look at me, not at the doors. I guess I’m better to look at, uh?” I joked

He half smiled “That’s not even debatable.” He kissed my forehead.

I caressed his face, I can’t even describe the feelings inside my body and how my heart melts for him when he looks at me with those perfect eyes. And all I just needed was his perfect smile on that gorgeous face more frequently.

“I’ll be right back then” I started walking

“Have you found your…” The woman recognized me, and was about to say some harsh joke, before I stopped her.

Deep breath. Don’t kill her just yet. I thought to myself.

“Frank Walker?” I simply said

She frowned and searched in the computer, then she made a call.

“Alright…” she hang up the phone “The body is ready to be liberated to the family”

My eyes widened. Shock written all over my face.

“W-What?!”

“The body…” she interrupted herself when she noticed it was the first time I was listening to the news. Her eyes widened “Oh, you didn’t know…”

“Frank… he’s… dead?”

She gulped “I talk too much”

Rage filled my body “And obnoxiously!” I snapped, tears falling down my eyes

"He... didn't resist a complication of the chemotherapy... according to what I've been told" she spoke, but I wasn't even paying much attention. Not anymore

This could not be happening.

This was too much to deal with in such a short amount of time.

“What’s wrong?” I felt Robert’s arms around me “Calm down, baby” he worriedly said, turning me around.

I let my head fall against his chest. How exactly am I gonna tell him this?

“Why are you crying? What happened? What did she say?”

I sobbed as he caressed me, I could sense him starting to tremble “Emma?” His sweet voice was replaced for his sad tone

“Oh Robbie…” I cried, holding him tight.

He could never take this well.

His uncle was the only person he had in this world.

The only one with whom he had close contact with, before we met.

He was like a father to him.

Better than his father. So much more than that.

“Emma, where’s uncle Frank?” He held my face, making him look at me

I looked at him, crying. I caressed his face “Robbie… he…”

I couldn’t say the words.

I just shocked my head.

And I think Robbie understood my non verbal communication, when I saw his expression changing and the water filling his eyes.

I am still in denial. I cannot believe we will not have Frank sitting next to us at the table, his presence in the house, his good mood and playful jokes anymore.

I guess I’m trying to fool myself, I want to believe anyone will come to us at any moment saying it was all a mistake.

I took a deep breath, hugging Robert tightly.

These next times will not be easy.

Hello!

Please don't hate me!

And I apologize for such a short chapter this time.

I just don't feel very well today and wasn't able to extend the chapter much more.

I'll make it up for you guys, soon. Promise.

Please comment and vote!

Also, I'd love you guys to check out my new story, Reborn, including RDJ and Scar Jo. It has only three chappies, but I promise to update soon. Probably tomorrow.

It is and will be a very intense story.

My kind of thing, if you already know me :)

And that's it for today,

Love you all guys!

Carly*