Worthless

Emma’s POV

After I showed Robert the house and my room, our room for the time we’d be here, I noticed his quietness.

He barely spoke a word and seemed scared.

I think my mother made him feel uncomfortable. And that is something I really don’t want to happen.

I know my mother will love him, I’ve known my mother and the way she sees things. I know she is not accepting him well because she saw him in his worst state. But I have to make her understand my Robbie is just as any normal guy.

Better thinking.

No he isn’t.

There’s no one like him.

And there’s no better.

“Robbie, you ok?” I touched his hand and made him look at me, as I showed him the view of my window.

“I’m ok… uhhh” he looked at me “Can I go take a bath?”

I caressed his face “You took a bath before we left the hospital, baby”

He looked at me with those puppy eyes I simply cannot resist

“I don’t feel… I feel dirty. And sweaty”

I looked at him sadly.

I know there is nothing I can possibly tell him about this that will change his mind.

“Just one, right?”

He half smiled “Mhm” he leaned to kiss me.

“I’ll be here gathering all your stuff”

“Uhh, could you choose something nice for me to wear?”

“Why, Robbie? It’s not like we’ll go out or something. We’ll stay around”

He looked down “Uhhh, just… it doesn’t matter” he half smiled “Y-Your mom didn’t seem to like me that much”

I looked at him, smiling when I realized his intention.

He wants to get my mother to like him and accept him like my father did. He wants to make a good impression and look good.

Gosh, this silly adorable man.

“Robbie… My mom is just getting used to this idea. It’s not that she doesn’t like you. I am sure she will love you, baby”

He quickly nodded, sadly

“You don’t need to dress formally or better or whatever hon… Besides, any bloody thing looks perfect on you”

He shyly smiled “I just… I don’t want trouble with your mom.” His strong arms surrounded my body.

I let myself get involved in his arms, comfortably.

Gosh, I miss him like crazy.

“You will not, baby. Just give my mother some time. I just know she will fall in love with you. And even if she didn’t, it’s my love you want, or is it my mom’s, Mr.?”

He smiled “I just want yours, Emma. But I’d like your mother to like me too… Your father seemed to… be ok with me”

“Hey, relax baby, alright?” I kissed him.

“Ok.” He caressed my hips, sending chills all over my body “I’m gonna take that bath” he whispered

I smiled at him as he continued “You could always join…” he didn’t finish, there was a knock at the door.