Panic

Third Person’s POV

Robert’s eyes were heavy, yet he wasn’t able to sleep.

Laying on the couch, he couldn’t stop messing with the remote control’s buttons.

On.

Off.

On.

Off.

On.

Off.

The doorbell is ringing, idiot.

Finally stopping, he rubbed his eyes and stumbled to the door, opening it to see his mother.

“Y-you came” he looked at her.

He was surprised with her worry.

He never told her what happened on the phone. She just noticed something wasn’t right.

“Oh, Robert” she quickly approached him, closing the door behind her. “Did you sleep?”

He looked down, before shocking his head. Her small hands immediately caressed his face and pulled him down to a tight hug.

Robert instantly closed his eyes, he could never imagine his mother’s arms were such a comfortable and warm place to be.

“What’s wrong? Let me help you, Rob”

“Hmm you can’t…”

Dragging him to the living room’s couch, she comfortably sat and pushed him to lay down with his head over her lap. He needed to sleep so badly at the moment.

“Why can’t I?” she whispered, caressing his hair “I’m trying my best to earn your trust, dear”

Robert glanced at her, showing her a small smile. It felt really good to have her there with him.

“Y-You’re going to be a grandma…”

Her eyes widened “Oh…” she smiled “Oh, my god!” she kissed his face “Isn’t that a good thing, Rob?”

Robert glanced at her, in panic “W-What did my father do… when you told him you were pregnant with me?”

She looked away “I… never really told him”

“Oh…”

“Hey, are you scared? Is that it? Honey, everything will be just fine!” she smiled at him

“I’m… panicked” Robert gulped “This child will probably have a mental disorder. I have one, how the hell am I going to… be a father to this baby?”

“I don’t know how… I am sure you will be the best father in this world. And what if this child has a mental disorder?” Julie smiled “He or She’ll learn from the very best and the bravest man I know. Right?”

Robert looked away

“It is normal you are scared, dear. Who wouldn’t be? But you can’t let that stop you. You’ll learn with time, and you’ll be an amazing father. I have no doubt about that”

Robert looked at her, surprised with her words.

“Did you fight with Emma because of it?”

He sadly nodded “She thinks…” he gulped “She thinks I want her to have an abortion. And I don’t… I was just trying to explain I have no idea how I am going to do this and that this child will…”

“Shhhh….” His mother interrupted him, showing him a warm smile “She’s just as panicked as you are, Rob. You need to be there and support her. You need to help each other. Both of you are scared. You have no idea how panicked I was when I found out about you”