Unpredictable

By the end of the day, the newly couple were at Robert’s house, enjoying Frank’s company. The old man had gotten out of the hospital that afternoon and got to know the news about his nephew and Emma only when all of them arrived at the house.

The happiness could be written all over the old man’s face when he received the news, he was ecstatic and happy for his nephew. And of course, for Emma.

But Robert, his boy, had finally someone good for him, someone he fully knew and approved. The old man would laugh at this thought, he felt like an overprotective father protecting his daughter from the guys hitting on her. He couldn’t help though. He had been with Robert and taken care of him for such a long time, he wanted to make sure he was ok and happy.

And he was.

He had never seen his nephew so happy.

“Oh, uncle…” Robert joked “I am going to get you a girlfriend, really”

Frank giggled, sitting on the comfortable highchair and holding onto o his hurting belly. Even laugh was starting to hurt.

He would not dare to say a word though.

Emma chuckled, getting along in the conversation “Yeah, I think it would be a good thing for you, Frank”

The old man smiled at them “I had my time already”

“Oh, right. I bet you had.” Robert smirked

He smirked “Good times… not the best though”

Robert looked at him, sadly.

He had never met his aunt, but he knew his uncle was referring to her. Emma smiled at Frank “Were you married, Frank?” she asked

He sadly nodded “She died young, though…”

“Yeah…” Robert looked at him “I never met her”

“She died shortly before you came to live with me…” he looked down

“I… what?” Robert frowned “Really?”

He sadly smiled at Robert “I would have cracked up if it wasn’t for you”

Robert was petrified “I-I… never knew. I thought… I thought she had died long before…”

“No, son” He smiled “You brought life back to this house, and little by little, my life back as well”

Emma smiled widely, looking at a stunned Robert.

“I…” Robert stammered, before chuckling “I annoyed the hell out of you”

Frank softly laughed “Y-Yes. You did” he chuckled

“Why did you never got into another relationship, Frank?” Emma asked

Frank sadly looked at her “Because you know when you find the right person.” He whispered “I lost her, so there was nothing else I wanted to do.”

“But… you were alone” she replied

“I had Robert” he smiled “I have Robert”

Robert smiled “Yes you do, uncle” he smiled “and I’m not leaving”

Emma smiled, looking at both.

Robert glanced at her, his eyes shining “WE are not leaving” he rephrased

Frank smiled widely “Of course, you are part of the family now”

She smiled widely, her eyes watery “Oh, I love you” she hugged both “and I couldn’t be happier to be here with you”