Empty minded

Third Person’s POV

Julie slowly walked upstairs, she didn’t know the house, but it wouldn’t be hard to find her son.

She saw a half opened bedroom door and slowly opened it that she wouldn’t have recognized as Robert and Emma’s if she hadn’t seen a male shirt on the bed. So, she slowly stepped inside the room and soon saw Robert on the closet, concentrated in the hangers and organizing the clothes by color.

She looked at him, he looked so different, yet just the same she remembered as a young mother. She would catch him doing things like that all the time, and instead of helping, she only made it worse.

One thing was true, she had no idea how she should act. In fact, she didn’t even know how to be a mother, especially now he was an adult.

Should she stop him?

Doesn’t that make him even more anxious?

But she can’t let him continue and be like that for hours.

“Rob…” She ended up whispering.

He turned to look at her, in surprise. His eyes red and watery.

It made her heartbreak.

“What was he like?” He asked, turning his attention back to the clothes.

“Edward?” Julie half smiled “You look so much like him…” she whispered, approaching Robert “And he was so caring and gentle. So empathetic and… harmless”

Her son took a deep breath “Whenever I think I’m misunderstood… I’ll make sure to remember him…”

Julie gulped “I-I’m…”

“I would have liked to meet him”

His mother looked down “I’m sorry, Rob…” she leaned to touch him

“No… don’t…!” Robert tried to step back, but Julie insisted and softly grabbed his hands.

Robert looked at her, then down at their skin touching. He looked surprised as her hands made her way to his face and caressed him.

Not dirty.

No vermin or worms involved.

It didn’t bother him at all.

“You have the most beautiful eyes I’ve ever seen” She smiled up at him

He gulped, his hand reaching for hers.

“I think I got that from you” he mumbled, concentrating on her

“I’m so sorry I was never the mother you deserved, Robert” she cried

Robert looked down, not responding.

“I just… I’m begging you to let me in… slowly”

Looking back at her, and despite all the mess inside his mind, he felt himself nodding.

He saw a warm smile appearing in her lips, followed by her arms tightening around his neck as she pulled him into a tight hug.

“Thank you… Thank you Robert” she sobbed.

He remained silent, he just watched her as she looked at him again and leaned to kiss his cheek.

“Would you… have some lunch with me sometime? Dinner perhaps?”

He looked at her “I… why not… y-yes… uhh”

She smiled “I hope you’ll forgive me one day, Robert”

Once again, no words left his mouth

“I should go now… thank you again, Rob” she kissed him once more before leaving the room.

As she left, he wandered around the room.

His mind was a mess.

He felt so… he didn’t even know how to describe it.

He felt like he was an accident. As if he was in this world by mere chance.

He wasn’t supposed to exist.

It hurt him that his mother had hated him after his father… all because of a bloody disagreement.

He didn’t blame her that she didn’t know what had really happened on that day, but still… even if nothing of that happened… he wasn’t even born yet.

On the other side, she seemed so bothered. So heartbroken.

And then, he couldn’t help noticing her gentle touch.

Or maybe… she’ll just leave you again.

She’ll stay for two days and leave.

She’ll get tired of you…

“Are you ok, baby?”

Robert shocked his head, trying to ignore his own mind, as Emma stepped inside the room.

He watched his beautiful girlfriend as she stepped in front of him “You are not mad at me, are you baby?” She asked

He shocked his head “I could never be mad at you… Emma” he whispered

“Aw, baby, come here. I’m sorry” she hugged him tight, dragging him into the bed where both comfortably hugged.

“Do you think she’ll leave again, if I give her a chance? She’ll get tired of me?”

“I think she means what she’s saying, Robbie… she was just blinded by the death of her sister… I doubt that can ever happen, baby”

“I-I wasn’t even born yet”

“I know” she caressed his hair “Why don’t you let things flow and see how it goes?”

“I don’t like those kind of ideas…”

“Why, baby?”

“Because… I mostly welcome people in my life only to watch them leaving”

“You can’t know if it’ll happen, baby. I don’t think so, though”

Robert held her hand

“She touched me… and it didn’t… I was ok with it”

Emma smiled “Everyone melts in their mothers’ arms, right?”

“But…”

“Robbie, I’ll be here… always. No matter what happens”

Robert smiled “I love you”

She kissed him “How about we do something and empty whatever in there?” she pointed to his head.

“Alright… let’s have sex” Robert quickly said

Emma let out a loud laugh “I hardly believe that’s the only solution”

Robert smiled, pushing Emma to lie on top of him “Right, I just take profit of it…” he started kissing her neck

“You big dork…” she smiled

Hey!

Sorry it's a short one and sorry if it's crappy.

Please comment and vote!

Love,

Carly*