Despise

Emma’s POV

At some point, during the night, I couldn’t fight the weight in my eyes. So I fell asleep.

I didn’t want to, really.

I was afraid someone might come inside and inject something in Robert’s body.

The nurse told me the effect of the medication might wash away in some days, but I really hope Robert talks to me soon.

Say something at least.

I feel so bad for leaving like that now.

This would have never happened.

I know I couldn’t have guessed and all that talk… but it is one of those times I regret and wonder about many ‘what if’s’.

When I woke up, with the sound of a nurse entering the room, I rubbed my eyes and looked at her.

She smiled at me “You seem to calm him down. By this time, without medication, he would be heard in the entire hospital, trust me”

I didn’t know if I should smile or not.

I just looked at her “When will he go back to what he was?”

“I can’t assure you that. It could be a few days, but it could be quicker than that… I don’t know. People react differently to those substances”

I caressed Robert’s hair “Ok…” I sadly whispered

“Well, do you want some breakfast?” she asked

My eyes widened “Me?”

“Since he is submitted here, the hospital’s refectory sends his meals every day. You can have his, since… well, he’s not eating”

I tried to wake him up “Robbie?” I whispered, hoping he would wake up better and could eat something already.

“Even if he woke up, he couldn’t eat a big breakfast already. He’s been without food for a long time, let’s go slow. And I have to change that serum”

She glanced at the bottle of moisturizing serum.

“Just moisturizing serum, right?!” I asked, wanting to make sure she wouldn’t put something in there too

“I will not put any substance in it, I guarantee you” She smiled and walked away.

“Robbie…” I kissed his forehead “Wake up honey”

“Hmmm” he groaned, moving his head to the crook of my neck

I smiled, I loved to feel him this way, he was adorable.

“Emma?!” I glanced to see Sophie at the door

She tried to come last night, but they wouldn’t let her in. So she came this morning.

“Sophie…” I whispered “Good morning”

She slowly approached, looking at Robert, sadly.

“H-How is he?” she asked

“I don’t know if he can hear me or not… He… doesn’t answer”

She sadly looked at me “What did they do to him?” she sat next to us, as I told her everything.

Robert’s POV

Despite all the weakness and slowness, I feel comfortable.