Chapter Three: Kids in America

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I'm fine." He said nonchalantly. I nodded and grabbed his arm to pull him with me so we could start walking again. He followed and before we knew it, we had arrived at the beach.

"Hey, Summer!" I looked around for the voice and found Anna by herself in a classic red bikini, showing off her gorgeous glowing tanned skin, she was waving frantically trying to get my attention. I turned back to Liam and nudged him as he stared off into the distance, lost in thought.

He looked towards me as I snapped him out of his reverie, and smile at me.

"Anna's over there. The other's should be here soon." I said, as I walked over to my best friend. I flung out my towel beside her and lay down on it, sliding on my sunnies and kicking off my flats in the process.

I pulled off my tank top at lay underneath the sun's heated rays in my bathers top. The warmth floated around my body and I felt the same giddiness and happiness I always felt when I came here.

"This is how the kids in America do it, Liam." I said with a sigh as I stretched my hands behind my head.

"Is this all we're going to do?" A deep voice rumbled from behind me. I sat up and twisted a bit to look behind me, where Caleb, Jenny and Jay stood.

"Yes, we are. Do you have a problem with that?" Anna asked in instant bitch mode. She gave Caleb a death glare and flipped her long hair over her shoulders, before laying back down and closing her eyes. Caleb sighed looked away a second, before he turned to Jay and nodded his head toward the water. They both grinned and took off running to the water.

I turned to Liam and raised a brow at him, out of the corner of my eye I could see Jenny laying her towel out at adjusting her bathing suit, it was a purple bikini-like suit, but it covered her the middle of her stomach respectively only revealing the skin on her sides.

"Aren't you going to go with them?" I asked, looking over at Caleb and Jay. Liam dropped his stuff and nodded with a cute smile, before jogging into the water with the other boys.

"So, Liam huh?" Jenny asked innocently pulling the pair of shades that sat in her hair over her eyes as she lay back, soaking up the sun like the rest of us.

"He's nice." I said innocently, even though I knew exactly what she was referring too. Jenny lifted herself onto her elbows and lifted her shades to narrow them at me with a death glare.

"You know what I mean, Sum."

"Okay, he's really nice and adorable, he's good looking and he can okay the guitar..." I drifted, knowing that I had one of those dreamy expressions on my face.

"Ha! I knew it!" Anna shouted jumping up and pointing a finger at me. "You willl do something about, otherwise I will." She said stubbornly crossing her arms and looking over at the boys.

I looked over at them as well and found them all talking before bursting out into a fit of laughter. I turned my attention back over to Anna and said quietly.

"I will, if you will." I knew she would get the meaning. She gave me a sad look before plonking back down on the towel, wrapping her arms around her knees.

"I know." She whispered, looking away from me.

Just then, I realised something.

"Where's Saige?" I asked, looking around the beach, hoping to catch a glimpse of her bright red auburn hair.

"She couldn't come, neither could Dylan." She added, giving us a knowing smile. Dylan was Saige's boyfriend, and the fact they both'couldn't' come, only raised our suspicion about what they were actually doing.