Before Bakugo could say anything the bell had rung. To Izuku it was a perfect excuse. While he appreciates his friend going out of his way to comfort him. He just wants to be alone.

Izuku went about the rest of his day like usual except today he was never once insulted. Never had a paper ball or spit bomb thrown at him. No wedgies or bathroom beatings. No tripping in the hallway. Which gave him plenty of time to drown in pity and depression. Once again unable to forget that night. The way the sludge villian ran. The con man who yelled at him to stop him. The subtle slide in his steps letting the villian past. And those 2 words of the man who took his father away.

"Thanks kid"

Later at the Midoryias apartment

Izuku walked into the door. Taking his shoes off near the front rug with a welcome.

Izuku: Mom I'm home.

However he heard no answer. He dropped his bag next to the door to his room and called out again.

Izuku: Mom?

He didnt see her in the kitchen/ living room and so he looked into the last place which was his parents room....now only his mothers. He open the door to see her laying and sleeping in bed. With crumbled tissues, loads of junk food, and a messy blanket bundled up. With her hugging it like a body.

Izukus head: She must have been crying again.... Also stress eating.

Izuku and her mom were alike. Huge cry babies who would eat there feelings when stressed out. Izuku grabbed another blanket and put it on top of his mother. Once he did. She nuzzled and groaned into the pillow and blanket.

Inko: mmm....Hisashi....

Izuku froze hearing his name. But stepped back knowing she was dreaming about him. Izuku would imagine she is remembering the good parts of there lives together. To Izuku those two were the ideal picture of love and commitment. He almost envy her. Because his nights....are only filled with guilt ridden nightmares of that night. Playing over...and over........and over.

Izukus head: Why.....Why didn't I........

Izuku: *sigh*

Izuku then walked out of the room. Shutting the light off and closing the door. He then went to the kitchen to try and also eat his worries away. He grabbed a ramen packet and as he tried to rip it open. It instead exploded into a bunch of pieces because Izuku used to much strength. Izuku then stayed there silent. Listening to the last bits of dried ramen hit the floor.

.

.

.

.

He then raised his hand up in anger. Wanting to slam his hand down on the counter. But instead stopped himself. Knowing he would only break it. Which wouldn't make the hurt go away. He cleaned everything up throwing it away. He then went to his room instead. Closing the door and isolating himself. He sat on the edge of his bed. He pulled his phone out and looked into his voicemail. Only showing 1 message. It was from his father. The night he tried to call him before he died. Izuku hesitantly pressed the button on the voicemail. Putting the phone to his ear.

Phone: You have 1 new voice mail. *beep*.

Hishasi phone: Izuku its dad....I just wanted to call and check in on you....I know....I know things have been difficult lately-

However before Izuku could finish the message he hung up. Starting to cry into his hands. Unable to listen to the sound of his fathers voice.

An hour later in Izukus room