Chapter 3

On the bus heading to Dr. Connors lab

Izuku: Dude I can't believe we are actually going to Dr. Connors lab this is so freaking cool!

Bakugo: Jeez calm down man I know you're a nerd, but this is a little much.

Izuku: You dont understand Kacchan. Dr. Connors work on genetic engineering is DECADES away from anything we currently have. The crispr technology thats able to identify and modify SPECFIC genes in DNA is-is-is IS INSANE! 

Bakugo: Sounds like the guy is playing god. Is it really such a good idea to mess with that stuff? What if he turns himself into a giant rat, or house fly, or a lizard?  

Izuku: Well its a extremely regulated facility. I'm sure they have many security measures and ethical board committees so stuff like that never happens.

(You would think huh?)

Another student then chipped in on there conversation. 

Student 1: Yeah maybe since you like the lab so much you should do that instead after all you have no quirk and are usel-

He was then caught off by Bakugo grabbing the other student shirt while making his other hand smoke up and with little explosions. He then smirked giving off a vibe of  (Yoda voice) "mhm fucked up you did".

Bakugo: I'm sorry what was that last part.

Student 1: I uh um.... nothing.

The bus then stops as they have arrived at the lab. They walk out of the bus to then meet up with their tour guide. Izuku and Bakugo walk into the lab and Izuku is absolutely in aw struck. He is completely nerding out about everything there from the giant Electro magnetic microscopes to the genetic samples they collected in there quirk research they have done. 

Izuku: OHMYGODKACCHANTHISISSOCOOL EEEEYYYYY!!!!

Bakugo: Deku shut up you damn nerd! I get it but calm down. Your getting looked at weird. 

Izuku looks around at his classmates and other guests and employees at the facility looking at him weird and gossiping about him. 

Izuku: .....sorry. 

The tour guide then stops to introduce the man himself. Dr. Connors. 

Tour guide: Now I am honor to introduce the man who made all this responsible. Dr. Connors! His research into cross species genetics and quirk research has been revolutionary! 

The man in a white lab coat, glasses and a missing arm then introduces himself to the class. 

Dr. Connors: Well thats certainly a way to welcome someone. Thank you. Im very honored. 

The scientist then went ahead and started to explain his research to the class. 

Dr. Connors: Now as we all know quirks are based upon our family genetics. You would either get one of your parent's quirk or a combination of both. This seems like the only way to get quirks is by just being born with one. However, thanks to the Crispr technology I developed. I have been able to not only identify but edit these very specific genomes. 

A student then raised his hand at the back of the class. 

Dr. Connors: Yes? What is your question?

Student: What exactly are the possibilities with this new technology? 

Dr. Connors: Well as of now not much application can be used on quirks. Nothing thats ethical. Things like genetically altering an embryo before it can grow. We can also use this technology to alter certain animals and plants to yield higher protein, growth rate or other traits. But we have had GMOs for some time. This would be just a more advanced version of that.