Melvin Roy Thompson

Melvin was born into poverty and a very religious family. His family would sacrifice all of there money that was for groceries and bills to donating to there church. He would argue with his parents all the time that god was stealing from them. He would be beaten ruthlessly by his father every time he said it. Melvin hated religion with all of his heart. Melvin moved out with Sarah, his future wife, and banned anything involved with religion in his house home.

One night, Sarah was driving home from church, which she had to hide from Melvin, and she crashed her car and died. Melvin blamed god when the responders to the crash found a bible and rosary in his wife's backpack. He would curse god all night long. He was a heavy smoker after his wife's death and he fell asleep with a cigarette in his hand and the cigarette caught fire to his bed. He woke up with his hoodie on fire. He threw off his hoodie in a panic and threw it into his laundry basket by accident, causing a larger fire. Melvin's back was burned bad.

He ran out of his house to watch his two bedroom rental house burn to the ground, 7 weeks after his wife's death. Melvin decided enough was enough and used his money to buy a house in a nice neighborhood. His house was the smallest and it always looked abandoned. Melvin turned to religion. His own. He believed that if religion was so important for his wife to die over, that he would create his own. He was his own good and out of irony, only went by Mel.

Melvin was jealous of Bruce the day he moved to Bruce's neighborhood. He hated that he didn't get to have a daughter. Seeing Bruce on the front porch holding Isabella made him miss Sarah even more. Once the breakout started, he saw Bruce's dad, Randy, show up to the house. Melvin decided that he was the new god of the new world. As he watched randy leave, Melvin would get in his car and tail him. "If Mel doesn't want you to be blessed, then ohhh will Mel burn you for your sins." He said with a smile while following Randy to his house. Melvin burned down the entire neighborhood that night with Molotov cocktails. "Mel bless us all, oh Mel bless us all!!!" He screamed watching the neighborhood burn down.