This is His World

Bruce Harper is a family man who has the typical every day office job. He wakes up for another day of work. A normal dread falls over him as he hates having to work yet another nine hour day in the office. He asks "Why am I going to wo.." but then glances at his daughter, Elizah, eating a bowl of cereal. Where would that cereal be without his hard work. Elizah is his daily motivation. For everything he does. Even if he hates doing those things. An emergency alert goes on but he doesn't even glance at the TV as he assumes its just another amber alert or something. Amber alerts are emergencies too, but not when Bruce's child is in front of him. Or that would be a whole paranoia trip for him. His wife wakes up and kisses him goodbye to work. Isabella, his wife, is not one fond of technology so she turns off the emergency alert the second she hears it and shuts her phone off without checking what it was. Bruce, on his way to work, sees a lot of people running. Just running. He's very confused as to what they are running from but he ignores it as he is focused to get to work. He walks up to the door of his office building to see no one inside. His boss is always there no matter what so Bruce walks in. No lights are on and the power is off. Bruce doesn't think anything of it so he searches the bottom floor for anyone. But no one is to be seen. He goes up the stairs for the second floor but a body goes flying against his, hurting Bruce. The body is his boss'. He hears an ungodly, out of this world, roar from at the top of the stairs but he runs too fast to investigate it. He goes to his car and drives home. Seeing horrifying sights as people are on fire. People are getting shot. Bruce is in another world. Definitely not the same one he woke up in that morning.