Is Life Over?

Bruce never wanted to die this young. So he refuses too. He quickly grabs a bandage and makes sure the bleeding stops. Isabella is crying because she never wanted to die this young. But she knew she would if Bruce would. She cries because her husband is bleeding and she doesn't even like the sight. Elizah, she's only 16.. it's just not right if she died this young but in this new world, everything that was right or wrong doesn't matter anymore.

Bruce tells Isabella that it'll be ok. Randy knocks on the door and he's crying his heart out. Bruce with a bloody arm asks his dad "What's wrong old man!?" "He burned my house down" responded Randy. Bruce asked "who!?" "That asshole Melvin!!" Replied randy. Bruce asked "How did he know where you live?" "I guess the asshole just followed me after I left your house.. he... Bruce... he burnt down my entire neighborhood." "Where the hell was the fire fighters!? Screamed Bruce. "They don't exist anymore Bruce.. otherwise, the whole department would be there right now.. I don't think any law exists anymore son." Bruce looks down with a sigh.

Bruce takes his dad and wife into the house. Isabella takes off the bandage and applies alcohol to the bite while Bruce bites on a towel from the pain. "Bruce, I've seen those dumb zombie movies because of your daughter, they usually turn after a bite... how are you feeling son?" Bruce looks terrified now. "I don't feel anything beside the pain from the alcohol. Fuck.. I really hope those movies were wrong." They all just laugh it off.. knowing no other ways to cope in such a hellish time.

Elizah comes down from her room and she asks her grandfather "Who is that in the window behind you?" And before he even has the chance to look back, a Molotov cocktail goes through the window and lands on him. He's burning alive. Elizah, Bruce, and Isabella all scream and cry and run out the back door to avoid seeing their grandfather/father/father in law burning alive. Bruce watches his house burn down while he holds Elizah and Isabella. It reminds him who did this from his father's encounter. It was Melvin Roy Thompson.