9 - Midnight Snacks

Her eyelids felt heavy. For a long time, Alex refused to open them, until she could no longer stand the crick in her neck and pain in her chest from her restricted breasts. Drowsy, she rubbed her chest, not fully understanding where the pain was coming from. Had she forgotten to take off her chest binder? Doubtful, she always looked forward to the relief that came when she was able to peel that piece off fabric off her skin. She however didn't feel the curves she was used to feeling every morning. In fact, as she went to stretch; she noticed she was still wearing her kutte.

With a frown, Alex sat up straight. It was dark in the room and she found herself on a couch. "What the fuck," she muttered, staggering as she got up. She turned around and her eye caught the doors to the porch.

Oh fuck, I'm in Juice's house. Suddenly the images raced through her mind. The guys returning to Charming, Opie and Lyla's wedding, the conversation she had with Juice and the joint they'd smoked at his house after. Flashes of the things they'd said floated to the surface.

"Maybe I am a girl. Secretly."

"Then we would have done very different things tonight."

She felt her cheeks blush. At least she knew that didn't happen, otherwise, she wouldn't have been sleeping on the couch. She rubbed her hand across her face as she walked to the kitchen to fill a glass with water. She couldn't remember how she'd ended up on the couch. She'd felt tired all of a sudden – hadn't she fallen asleep at the porch? Had he carried her to the couch?

That was hard to believe. She knew she was taller than him, probably less than an inch. Maybe he would have tried to move her if he'd known she was a girl, behaving like a gentleman and all that, but he didn't know. He should have just left her to sleep outside. Maybe she had woken up and claimed his couch?

It didn't matter, not really. She was here now.

She brought the glass to her lips and took a few sips. She felt nauseous. And hungry. The numbers on the oven showed it was only 3:32 am. Juice would be asleep for at least a few more hours. What should she do? Go home? Would that be odd? But this... this was strange as well. Pain flashed through her breasts again. She had to get that thing off before she was going to do anything else. She wasn't supposed to wear the garment for more than ten hours at a time and now, she had been wearing it twice that time. In a few hours, she would have to put it back on. With that in mind, she took her kutte and shirt off and tugged the shapewear over her head. Fuck, this was much better. She got dressed again, folded the binder, and put it in the inside pocket of her kutte.

Alex turned to the kitchen cabinets and started looking for something to eat. It wasn't her thing to snoop around in other people's stuff, but she knew for sure that the other Sons would just grab some food if they were hungry. So that's exactly what Alex tried to do while, moving as quietly as she could.

With a disappointed sigh, she concluded there was nothing to eat. Of course not. The guy had been in jail for more than a year. She dropped down on the couch and considered going home once more. She could just tell him she'd been hungry, right? But he would be hungry too. And she doubted he would've gone home if she hadn't been headed that way too, which made her feel a little more than ungrateful leaving in the middle of the night.

"Hmm, what would have you done?" Alex muttered, trying to picture the face of her brother.

She knew the answer immediately as if he was whispering in her ear. "Pizza. Yea, I could always get you up for pizza." She smiled lightly and took her phone from her pocket. After snooping through Juice's mail for their address, she looked up the closest pizza place that delivered 24/7. Then she ordered two margarita pizzas. Nervous that the pizza guy would ring the bell and wake Juice up, she waited at the front door until they were delivered.

As she sat down on the couch again and opened the pizza box, she thought back to the last night. Now she remembered that she'd eaten pizza a few hours ago too. It felt like a week ago. She pulled a slice loose and thought back to the conversations she'd listened to over her lunch with the guys and the fight with Miles. She hit him and probably would have done it more than once if Chibs hadn't intervened.

What had he told them? "If the two of ye wanna fight, ye be doin' that in the ring and not in the middle of a restaurant."

Well, that surely was an opportunity Miles wouldn't want to miss. Suddenly she froze, realizing what that meant. If it really came that far – and it was more a matter of when rather than if – she would be exposed. She'd seen a few of those boxing matches over the past few months, and there was one thing she remembered very well.

The guys always fought shirtless. It felt like the pizza lodged itself in her throat. When the time came... What in the world could she say to leave her shirt on?