82 Planned Coincidences (Present)

ابدأ من البداية

The young man grinned crookedly. "Thanks, but you're mistaking me." He turned to the blue-haired. "Hey, Yuna-chan. What are you doing here?"

"Hey, Takeru-kun. I meet with my best friend. This is Hikari Wada." She pointed to the named.

"Hello, sister." The young man bowed to the black-haired high-school student. "Very pleased."

"Oh God. How can you still make that stupid joke?" Kiriko wailed as she pressed against Yuna. "We wanted to go to the arcade. Would you like to join?"

"Why not, right Hikari? Let's go to the cafe with Nisha next time."

"Yes, sure. Why not?" she mumbled nervously.

Takeru turned to his sister. "I've heard that kids are useful for picking up girls, but I didn't think you'd be that useful."

The youngest blew up her cheeks and stared at him angrily before she stamped with her left foot. "I'm not a child!"

"Whatever you say, baby sister." He patted her head and turned to Hikari. "I'm Takeru Shimada. Very pleased to meet you, Hikari-chan." His big grin beamed at her.

"Likewise, Shimada-san."

"Please... call me Takeru, okay?"

"Okay, Takeru-san."

He turned his head to Yuna. "Why didn't you tell me you had such a sweet friend?"

Embarrassed, she shrugged. "I wanted to protect her from you?"

Eye rolling, the cook apprentice went off. "Let's go. I only have a little over an hour to spare."

"Yeah!" Kiriko rejoiced, grabbing her brother's girlfriend by the hand and pulling her past Takeru and Hikari. "I already have three games that I want to play against you."

"Who says I want to play against you?"

"Are you scared, witch?"

With a jerk the blue-haired pulled back the middle-school student and glared at her. "What was that, dwarf?!"

"I challenged you. Do you hear bad?"

They stared menacingly at each other for a moment, then the high-school girl pulled the younger girl with her. "I'll teach you some manners!"

Irritated, Hikari looked after them and blinked a few times. "Um..." She turned to Takeru.

He bowed his head and gestured after the other two. "After you, Hikari-chan."

"T-thank you." She gave him a quick glance, but then she quickly looked away and started walking.

The young man took the opportunity to study her rear view. He glanced into a shop window, which mirrored his reflection a bit, adjusted his hair for a moment, then quickly joined the black-haired girl. "So you're Yuna-chan's best friend?"

"Yeah."

They went to the arcade. The first two girls went with full force and immediately started dueling in a round of air hockey. Although Kiriko was very eager, she found it extremely difficult to keep up with the older one. Yuna, on the other hand, was careful not to resort to her heightened reflexes, as she wanted to defeat the middle-school student in a fair way.

Takeru and Hikari watched them for a while, until the young man plucked the black-haired girl's sleeve and whispered something to her. She shrugged and then walked over to a claw crane machine. The air hockey players exchanged a look, both grinning broadly.

After a few minutes, it was six to three for Yuna. She made two more points against Kiriko, before she got the final point and won the match. They left the air hockey game and went to the beat'em up machines. On the way, they could briefly observe Hikari taking control of the claw crane arm while Takeru talked to her.