112 New Alliances (Present)

Anzu Mononobe was sitting on her backpack, which she had laid on the grass in the backyard. She looked up from her notebook to let her gaze glide over the surrounding bushes. This was her little retreat, when she was working on her stories before going into typing. Unfortunately, her football story fell into the water because Esumi-senpai had been beaten up by the unknown student. Of course, she was still grateful to her because she was freed from her predicament.

I still need a story.

She thought about the new student. Who was she and where did she come from? She appeared very tough for a girl. Was she known as a troublemaker at her old school? She could do some research, but first she needed a name and her background.

A crackle came to her ear, whereupon she looked around again. To her right, a strange pole shone in the sunlight, and the next moment a girl slid down before the pole dissolved.

That's her...

The blue-haired girl shook her head and looked around, then she whispered, "Damn. It's not here." She took a few steps, searching.

Slightly irritated, Anzu followed the girl with her eyes.

"Hm." She turned on her own axis, whereupon she discovered the reporter. Silently, she stared over.

It really is her. Reluctantly, Anzu raised her hand. "Hey."

The other girl tilted her head. "Hey."

"Are you lost?"

"Possibly." The blue-haired girl came slowly over to her. "What are you doing here?"

Anzu raised her notepad. "I'm working on my notes. Nothing else."

"Hm." The other girl grabbed the reporter by the collar and yanked her up while she clenched her free hand into a fist and reached out. "What did you see?"

"W-what?!" Anzu peeped, suddenly fidgeting helplessly in the air. Her notepad landed in the grass.

"You understood me."

"Nothing! Nothing!"

"Come on, kid. I'm not stupid. Why are you following me?"

"I'm not!"

A sigh came from the new student. "Anzu..."

The reporter blinked in surprise. "You know my name?"

"You told me yesterday. Already forgotten?" The aggressive attitude faded away.

Anzu nodded quickly. "That's right."

"So, what did you see?"

"Nothing. I always come here. You have to believe me!" she pleaded.

"Hm."

Anzu landed on the ground and groaned. "Ouch." She rubbed her butt and looked up. "What's your name?"

"It's none of your business."

"Please. I would like to write about you. Introduce you to the school."

The other girl snorted in amusement. "I don't give a fuck about the school. I'm only here for Masuda."

"Yuna Masuda?" wondered Anzu, whose fear was immediately replaced by anger.

"Yes. Do you know her?"

"I hate her!"

The blue-haired girl stroked her chin. "Interesting. Maybe we should chat a little, Anzu Mononobe. My name is Yukiko Aizawa."