Blast from the Past

Carmilla had never seen Laura in this kind of element before. Her skirts were just shy of brushing the dirt walkway and ribbons fluttered out of her hair. The vampiress had not been around for this particular era, but she could see the appeal. Carmilla stepped back from the path to watch Laura twirl and practically glide through the Faire. She thought Laura was beautiful like this, pretending to be someone else, or as herself, just in a different time.

Carmilla could see the appeal of this Renaissance Faire. Being outside of your usual self for a while could be quite fun. Still, Carmilla enjoyed being who she truly was with Laura and she enjoyed Laura's usual self. Personally, she was still relishing being the new human version of herself, but this was apparently a tradition of Laura's. Carmilla was more than willing to partake in any event with her girlfriend. Carmilla was more than pleased with just watching Laura have fun.

She wore a corset over a long-sleeved, poofy, flowing shirt and a deep purple skirt. Someone had gifted the smaller girl a flower crown as they came in and it rested gently in her hair. Carmilla wasn't sure she had ever seen Laura look more beautiful. She was truly beautiful. Suddenly, Laura stopped in front of a gazebo and Carmilla came up behind her. She began to sway with the beat and Carmilla joined her, looking to see the source of the music.

Laura saw Carmilla's face light up when she joined the small crowd. Beneath the gazebo, were a group of musicians playing classical instruments. Carmilla took note of a lute and a lyre, before turning to Laura. The music was upbeat, in three-four time, and Carmilla offered her girlfriend her hand. "Care to dance?" Carmilla asked, a soft and slightly hesitant smile pulling across her lips.

"I am always willing to waltz with you." Laura replied, accepting Carmilla's hand and allowing the older woman to lead her into a small grassy area. "Especially when we dance as though it is 1698."

"Oh, I didn't know we were going to go that far. Okay." Carmilla laughed, taking Laura's joke, and using that moment to spin her, giggling like children.