Princess Bride AU

"As you wish..." Carmilla yelled as she tumbled down the hill and Laura startled as all of the pieces suddenly fell together.

"Oh, my dear sweet Carm." Laura murmured to herself and promptly threw her own body down the hillside, deciding she deserved the same fate she just caused the woman she loved.

They tumbled down the long slope and crashed together in a tangle of limbs and bruised bodies. Both women groaned before struggling to their feet, bleeding in a few places and sore everywhere. Laura reached up, pulling the mask away from Carmilla's face.

"You're alive... you're the Dread Pirate Roberts?" Laura asked while rearranging her skirts and looked rather disbelieving at the woman dressed all in black. "I can't... I don't..."

"I am, but I am also the same Carmilla you have always known. It is a very long story, but as of this moment, I believe we need to run. Your fiancee is pursuing us... this way." Carmilla urgently grabbed Laura's hand and pulled her into the Fire Swamp.

"This is plainly a fantastic idea already." Laura grumbled as they trudged through the murky wooded area. Everyone in the kingdom knew of the Fire Swamp and knew the people who went in did not always come out. "This is going to end so well." Laura rolled her eyes in the most dramatic manner she could muster.

"Have some faith, Princess Creampuff. I have managed to find you and rescue you once already..." Carmilla said as she reached over, picked Laura up and swung her to Carmilla's other side as the ground rumbled and a spout of fire erupted right where Laura had been standing. "You must believe I can get you through this as well."

"Well, you are certainly beginning to prove yourself.' Laura giggled and accepted Carmila's hand. She was breathing heavily and felt herself grinning, though, given their situation, her happiness didn't make much sense. She heard an indulgent chuckle from somewhere in the ethers. Back in their dorm room, Carmilla Karnstein hit pause on The Princess Bride and pulled a blanket up and over the sleeping form of her girlfriend.

"Well, as long as it's a good dream, I guess." Carmilla chuckled and settled with her book beside of the younger woman to read as the other girl continued to murmur softly in her sleep.