Stargazer

"I'm going outside to look at the stars, do you want to join me?" Carmilla asks, knowing that if Laura were actually to go with her, next to no stargazing would actually end up happening. However, that wouldn't be such a bad thing either to be completely honest.

          "No thank you, Carm. I'm going to research for a while more, there's a whole school that needs saving. Maybe next time." she says dismissively without even glancing up.

         Carmilla leaves the room without saying anything else before dissipating and reappearing on the roof. She dangles her feet over the edge and just stares up at the sky for hours dreaming about an alternate universe where she had been born into this day and age as a normal girl who could fall in love with an equally normal Laura. They could have been high school sweethearts who went to the same normal college where there was no one to save. Where there was no one for her to fail to save. Where there was no one she could disappoint by not being a perfect heroine to a hero worshiping college sophomore. Where there was no age difference or emotionally manipulative mothers who lock people in coffins when they fall in love. She was chained to this perfect prison of a college where she had everything that she could ever want.

           After a few hours she grew bored of her constant internal debates and struggles and headed downstairs, completely unaware of how late the hour had grown. The dimwit squad had fallen asleep, Laura conspicuously missing, had dozed off on top of piles of papers and files that they had gathered from their many ridiculous exploits, LaF with their face way too close for comfort to some dangerous chemicals that could probably kill them if they inhaled too deeply. Quickly and quietly so as not to disturb their much needed rest, Carmilla lifted the scientist and their best friend each over one shoulder and ran them to their chosen bedroom and put them to bed on top of the covers. She wandered aimlessly around looking for her tiny blonde journalist girlfriend until her pacing brought her back up to the roof. That was where she found her, talking to the sky like a complete dope.

        "...and I wish that Carmilla would smile more. I know that she's a vampire and you probably don't answer vampire related wishes, but I'm not a vampire and I love her. So, I just want you, whoever you are to help me to help her. I just want her to happier. I hope that that isn't too much to ask." Laura was finishing up her wish as Carmilla snuck up behind her and took a seat next to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

          "You're going to get cold sitting up here at night like that." she warns with an almost smile that warmed Laura right down to her toes.

"How much of that did you hear?" she asks, as the blood rises to her cheeks in a blush.

"Enough." she presses a kiss to Laura's lips that robbed the younger girl of all of her breath. 

"Eavesdropping is rude, Carm."

"I never claimed to be the most polite undead fiend in the world, did I?"

"I guess not."