Watching Crappy TV Together

"Every little thing that you watch on television seems to just get worse and worse, doesn't it?" Carmilla asks as she drops down beside of Laura onto the couch in their dorm room.

"Oh, I wasn't even paying attention to it. It's just on for the noise. You can change it if you want to." Laura says dismissively.

"I'll leave it and see what kind of noise you're hearing." Carmilla laughs, she isn't paying attention either, only playing with Laura's hair in an attempt to distract her. It works and with a huff she sets her laptop aside and settles in beside of her vampiric girlfriend.

"You win. What's on?" Laura asks as though this were a major inconvenience.

"Housewives of something or other. They all seem to yell at one another a lot. For being so very rich you would think that they would be off doing something to do make themselves happy." Carmilla laughs.

"They're awful and petty and mean." Laura agrees.

"It's so bad that it's kind of funny." Carmilla adds.

"They want to pray on our natural love of drama to reel us in, to make us keep watching it. We really shouldn't give in." Laura thinks aloud.

Neither one of them gets up to change the channel. Instead they discuss how awful the entire premise of the show is and enjoy one another's company.