Halloween

"So, it's our first Halloween in the United States. What do you think we ought to do?" Laura asked taking a seat on the couch beside of Carmilla and fitting herself beside of the older girl like a puzzle piece. She stuffed a fun-sized candy bar wholly into her mouth while grinning up at her girlfriend.

"My thoughts were more along the lines of turning off the lights, pretending not to be home, and eating all of the candy ourselves." Carmilla said with a wry smirk. She wrapped the arm not currently reaching into the candy bowl around Laura's shoulders, playing absently with a long strand of Laura's loose hair. She stifled a laugh at Laura's mildly horrified look.

"Come on... we can't disappoint all of these kids. I'm sure we will be able to save a good bit for ourselves, and beyond that, there is always the day after Halloween sales. We can stock up enough to last us until next Halloween then." Laura nudged Carmilla with her elbow. "We'll just decorate the front stoop a bit, put on a witch hat and a cape, then pause Netflix whenever there is a knock or the doorbell rings. Traditions like these ought to be upheld. They're good for everyone involved."

"I can see that." Carmilla nodded along. " What I can't see is Papa Hollis allowing his precious baby girl to dress up and go up to strangers houses trick-or-treating." She got why Laura was so passionate about the holiday as soon as she saw the other girls' face fall.

"He did... up until my mother died. Then we stayed home and passed out candy to all of the other kids. He didn't want to run the risk of my wandering away or him losing me. On some level, I understood, but it was still a pretty big thing to have missed out on as a kid." Laura attempted to shrug it all off. "I think it would be pretty cool to dress our place up and be good to everyone who comes by."

"We can make that happen." Carmilla smiled softly; completely supportive now that she understood what was going on inside of Laura's head and in her heart. "I've heard that I would make a pretty good vampire if I really tried."

Laura laughed along. "Yeah, I bet you would look pretty good." Laura agreed, poking at Carmilla's upper lip. She giggled slightly and batted at Laura's hand when it came at her again.

"Thank you, Carm. I know I can be odd about these sorts of things. It is really nice to have you here supporting me and you are always so good about my predilections." Laura answered her, tangling their fingers together and kissing the back of Carmilla's hands. She leaned back into the other girl and looked back up into her eyes.

Carmilla pulled Laura in tighter and covered them both with a large and fluffy royal blue T.A.R.D.I.S. blanket Laura always kept around. "We could get a head start on this Halloween movie marathon if you want." Carmilla offered since they were already in their standard television cuddling position.

"That sounds great." Laura replied, rearranging her limbs and getting comfortable, looking to the t.v. as Carmilla flipped to their movies and they began to browse the list. Laura was quite certain her luckiest moment ever was the moment Carmilla walked into her dorm room.