Stranded

"This is your fault, you know." Laura scoffed as they left the motorcycle behind. "You know how I feel about those things. If we'd just been in a regular car this would never have happened."

"Come on, Cupcake, this is an adventure... and not a disaster. I have enough supplies packed for the both of us to get us through whatever we need to get through. We'll be alright, I promise. It's like a camping trip!" Carmilla did her best to put a positive spin on their situation.

"I thought I was the one who was supposed to look on the bright side of things." Laura scoffed, though she smiled affectionately at her girlfriend anyways. "I might be starting to rub off on you." Despite herself, Carmilla could feel her heart beginning to grow warm at the look on her tiny human's face.

"Well, when you're falling down on the job... like right now, I have to be able to pick up the slack right? I learned from the best after all." Carmilla laughed darkly to herself. Laura Hollis had truly done a number on her.

"Awh. Flattery will get you everywhere." Laura shrugged at the vampire with a cocky smirk. "If I have learned anything in the past couple of years at Silas, it's that the two of us are the best team the university has to offer." her smile glittered so bright and warmly it almost hurt Carmilla's eyes.

"You know, when you say things like that, I am inclined to believe you." Carmilla told her with a gentle look. "You are extremely convincing."