Amnesia

"Carmilla, you just have to know that she might not be completely the same. Laura will be confused and disoriented, so just be patient and gentle, okay?" LaFontaine reminds the worried vampire. She understood that, as a vampire, she wasn't exactly known for being either of those particular things.

"I am aware." Carmilla replies shortly, doing her best to remain calm. She didn't understand why things could never just go easily for them. One crises after another was always afoot.

"She doesn't seem to be recognizing anyone. Not me, not Perry, not Danny...we are so hoping for you to be the exception that proves the rule, even if it's just so that she will allow me to change her bandages." LaF looks desperate and sad, their hair all wilty and their brows drawn together in consternation.

"Me too, Doc. Me too." Carmilla rubs her face with the heels of her hands. She doesn't physically tire very easily, but her mental and emotional strength reserves were incredibly depleted.

"Through here." LaF gestures to a crude partition made of a sheet.

Laura sat crouching in a corner, hiding behind her IV rack, looking terrified. HEr eyes were all wide as saucers. She clenched a scalpel in one of her tight fists, prepared to defend herself if necessary.

"Carmilla, oh thank God that you're here! Where am I? Who are these people?" she asks desperately, trying to force her way up onto her feet.

"Laura, honey, these are my friends. They're your friends too. Can't you remember them?" Carmilla prompts in a gentle voice.

"Everything's fuzzy, all of the past few months. The only thing that's clear is you." Laura winces like her head is killing her.

"Do you remember Xena? She helped you to catch me and tie me up." Carmilla puts a hand on the tall redhead's shoulder.

"LaF tries to steal my blood samples regularly, even when the two of us are in bed asleep." Carmilla tries to remind Laura of the people that she loves most in the world.

"I remember both of those things. I sort of remember both of you as well.... Danny, you're dead." Laura looks incredibly confused.

"Technically we both are." Carmilla says with a shrug, picking up Laura and putting her back in the bed.

"Vampires..." Laura whispers to herself.

"Exactly right, sundance." Carmilla confirms. "Now, you can't remember anyone else, so why do you know me?" she actually looks very confused on top of being incredibly concerned.

"Besides my father, you are the most important person in the world to me. I don't think that I could possibly ever forget you...even if I tried." Laura confesses, holding open her arms to the vampiress who folds herself into them gently.

"I love you too." Carmilla answers.