Accidentally Married

"Laura, what are we going to do?!" Carmilla asks, looking truly good and panicked.
"It's just a formality and it was probably going to happen eventually anyways. Just leave it alone." the younger girl recommends.
"I've been alive for over three hundred years and nothing this really and truly ridiculous has ever happened to me. How do we make it go away?' Carmilla actually looks serious about it, surprising Laura.
"Oh? So, I'm your first wife? That's pretty good to know." Laura laughs almost sarcastically. "Would being married to me really be all that terrible? I kind of like the sound of calling myself your wife. It sounds permanent and final and that is how my love for you feels."
"It's not that, Cupcake. It's just that if this were ever going to happen, I would want it to be special, romantic, and I would want it to most definitely not have been a freaking accident, damn it. I love you, Laura. Finally and permanently, and I would have wanted to spend every single moment of our wedding proving that to you. Hell, I didn't even get to propose." Carmilla complains, running a hand through her hair.
"Who says that you would have been the one doing the proposing?" Laura asks, teasingly.
"You can make that up to me with the honeymoon."