Waking Up Together Isn't Always A Good Thing

"Carmilla, love. Can you get up, please?" Laura asks, her voice wavering in fear and pain. Carmilla recognizes her tone and shoots up and out of their bed.

"What's wrong? What happened? Are you hurt....Oh, God.." Carmilla asks, fear coloring her voice.

"Perry...Dean. Perry's-the-Dean." Laura chokes out, her hands covering her side. Blood leaks from her nose and the corner of her mouth. Her hands too, are doused in the sticky red stuff, forming gruesome gloves. Carmilla takes it all in in half of a second and leaps up and towards her, a supportive arm around her waist. She peels away Laura's hand and pulls up the shirt to check the wound.

"Oh, you're not that bad off. Everything will be fine." Carmilla lies, a knot forming in her throat.

"Bullshit." Laura sputters, blood bubbling sit at her lips when she speaks.

"Who are you talking to? If I say so, if I make that promise to you, then you can bet your adorable ass that I am going to be right." Carmilla swears, laying Laura down on the floor and cutting off the cloth, getting a better look at her injuries. She swallows hard, dials LaFontaine on speaker phone and begins to treat the wound as best she possibly can.

"LaFontaine, Perry has been possessed by the Dean. She has stabbed Laura and I need you to help me treat it. She's lost a lot of blood. Get here ASAP." she says as quickly as possible into the phone before hanging up without waiting for a response.

Laura splutters again, trying to speak through the pain and the blood.

"I'm not going to make it through this, Carmilla. You know that." she says blankly, pain in her eyes, but completely devoid of any fear.

"No, no, no, you will be just fine. We were supposed to have the rest of your life. I was going to watch you grow old and love you for the rest of my miserable existence. We were supposed to be together, Laura." Carmilla chokes on her own words, bloody tears, making tracks down her cheeks.

"If this is it, my vampire, tell my father that I love him and that I'm sorry." Laura coughs again, wracking through her entire body. "And you know that I love you too." she reaches one blood soaked hand up to Carmilla's face but doesn't quite make it, she's much too weak. Carmilla grabs that hand and hugs it to her cheek, thinking that she would do anything to save her love.

"I could change you." she says aloud, unsure of how Laura would take the proposition.

"If you want to. Only if you need me so much..." she gasps for a rattling breath. "that you can deal with the guilt." the light began to fade from her light brown eyes, smoothing over what should be lively and curious. Carmilla's mind races, trying to find other options. Any other option. She needed more time to think, and it was all running out on her at once. The fact that she could live without Laura wasn't enough. It wouldn't be any kind of life at all. It wouldn't be her living well. As LaFontaine finally began to enter the room, they saw Carmilla's sparkling white fangs sinking into the soft skin of Laura's throat.